Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The history of Laser show controllers and software, post your contributions here.

I still use Laserelectronics millenium North,still a good piece of software and a massive library!
    lighting the way since 89

Just got an Apple II Plus, IIe and another IIGS. Went googling to see what ran on the Apple II for laser shows, out of curiosity.

A Windows based system that is not on the list is the Box Laser, or BoxxLaser. It was a LPT DAC setup and Windows software from someone that went by the name DJ Ethernet. He also wrote the software called Dot Monkey or Monkey Tools.

used new methed lasers x29-2 +rtv hand scanner +full auto but remember a program called beem fx. also one called lcn 3d lasconnetwok.20 x29came in1990

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    Box Laser, or BoxxLaser. It was a LPT DAC setup and Windows software from someone that went by the name DJ Ethernet. He also wrote the software called Dot Monkey or Monkey Tools.
    I seam to remember having those at some point many moons ago; I keep everything on backup hard discs since about 1980 so am sure I will have them stored.

I will take a look one of these days; actually I do plan to connect up my old hard drives which I have a hell of a lot of; all would fit easily now on one drive

i think i still have copies of both beam FX (beam FX became X29)and lascon network(lascon became lds,phoenix,lsx, and a few others )

Can't believe the Alphalite hasn't been mentioned yet...

Also, what about LSX? And I don't see Pangolin's Quickshow or Beyond listed either. And then there's LA Studio too...

Adam

My first laser graphics computer system (1977) was an IMSAI 8080, S100 bus, Cromemco 7ch DA card, 16K ram, programmed through the front panel switches using XY coordinates on graph paper with storage on cassette tape. Wrote my own software in machine language. Later added ADM3A dumb terminal, Micropolis floppies and Summa tablet. Next was Apple IIe (1979) with homemade wirewrapped dac card, Apple tablet. We used this for a long time, even on tours. I showed it to Woz when we did Michael Jackson at Dodger Stadium (1984). During this time LaserMedia was using ZAP. Then I think early '90's, I had to decide between LaserMax from Bob Ash or Patrick Murphy's new LSD on Amiga. LSD didn't support blanking so went with LaserMax on IBM PC XT, then 286, 386. Next up was X29 and FullAuto from Bob Ash / New Method Lasers. Then I traded my graphics library, mostly generated with LaserMax (then sold by Laser Productions Network) to Pangolin for Pro and Intro QM32. I think that library is still included with Pangolin. Eventually upgraded to LD2000. I still have a LD2000 Pro and X29-2 / FullAuto. I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
    My first laser graphics computer system (1977) was an IMSAI 8080, S100 bus, Cromemco 7ch DA card, 16K ram, programmed through the front panel switches using XY coordinates on graph paper with storage on cassette tape. Wrote my own software in machine language. Later added ADM3A dumb terminal, Micropolis floppies and Summa tablet. Next was Apple IIe (1979) with homemade wirewrapped dac card, Apple tablet. We used this for a long time, even on tours. I showed it to Woz when we did Michael Jackson at Dodger Stadium (1984). During this time LaserMedia was using ZAP. Then I think early '90's, I had to decide between LaserMax from Bob Ash or Patrick Murphy's new LSD on Amiga. LSD didn't support blanking so went with LaserMax on IBM PC XT, then 286, 386. Next up was X29 and FullAuto from Bob Ash / New Method Lasers. Then I traded my graphics library, mostly generated with LaserMax (then sold by Laser Productions Network) to Pangolin for Pro and Intro QM32. I think that library is still included with Pangolin. Eventually upgraded to LD2000. I still have a LD2000 Pro and X29-2 / FullAuto. I'm done.
    Impressive history.

Laserdreams bytemare 85'

leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Laserdreams bytemare 85'
    Oh right! I had one of those Bytemares. Used a Commodore with plug in cartridges. Made by Craig C./Laser Dreams. Acquired from Paul R. in a trade. Was actually pretty cool then.