Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin

My unit broke and they shipped me the replacement part per my request thinking it would be a quick swap out. We'll they forgot that you had to soulder a small piece back in, so the unit was still not working after I had replaced the broken part. They did not know what was wrong, so they had me ship the unit in to them. All I can say is they have the best customer service. They fixed and souldered the part in for free and even shipped it back to me for free, all I had to pay for was the replacement part. This saved me lots of time and money as I did not have to ship the device to the Netherlands. Pangolin is great!!
    Thanks
    -Eighty8
    -----------------------------------------------
    Projectors:
    1x 500mW RGV TTL - Work in progress (red 650nm@200mW/green 532nm 100mW/violet 405nm@200mW)
    3x 1W RGB Analog - Work in progress (red 650nm@500mW/green 532nm@200mW/blue 445nm @300mW)

Controllers:
    Phoenix Live 3
    QS 2.0/FB3-XE
    -----------------------------------------------

^^^ not surprizing to me..

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Thank you, Bill, for everything.
    Hi Absolom,

Thanks for the kind words! I am happy that we have exceeded your expectations!

Certainly there are many folks within the Pangolin organization who give great customer service, and I am glad that you received good customer service from me personally.

As for myself, I tend to be *really* busy (for example, I just returned home from Prolight & Sound to 3500 emails) and so often times, my replies tend to be very short and to-the-point. Some people who require a more tender hand will find my short replies to be off-putting. For those folks, Justin and Aaron are far better than I am. In fact, that's one of the many reasons that I am happy that Aaron has joined our team. He has a lot more patience than I do

(If you are reading this and found a reply from me to be a bit abrasive, it's certainly never intended, but it does happen and it's an area where I hope I am always getting better, albeit little by little...)

In any event, I guess the main sentiment here is "value for your money". It is true that Pangolin is more expensive than SOME competitors, but I don't believe any other company delivers more value, regardless of the amount of money you spend. Even when buying our least expensive program -- QuickShow for only $595, you then gain access to our shows portal with more than 40 free laser shows, plus free updates for life. This free updates thing alone is certainly very valuable...

OK, stepping of of my soap box... Thanks for the kudos guys!

William Benner (not Brenner )

As an owner of 25 QM2000 cards and spent many tens of thousands on Pangolin products. I would have liked to agree but I can't. While I do find the Hardware to be first class indeed, most of the guys at Pangolin very loyal/honest and committed to service but on the other hand I find the software to be cumbersome, dated and over rated. Sadly for now its the only real choice within a reasonable budget.

And before another commercial appears about beyond, I tested it and have not a single good word for it. Showtime is still better even if showtime has it's flaws.

Pangolin should have made showtime better instead of bringing out something new.

Other than that, we use Pangolin because currently there is no other option for some tasks that we do but I understand more practical options are on the way from several producers.

If I was running pangolin, showtime would be un-touchable by any other system where now its leaving an open door for others to come along with something better.

My opinions are based on 25 years experience in the field, honest and unbiased.

Just curious,
    Wat exactly are your gripes regarding the pangolin software?
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

No feedback Andy?
    Last edited by White-Light; 04-02-2012 at 10:04.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Oooooohhhh....
    So many secrets.

How mysterious !!

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Oooooohhhh....
    So many secrets.

How mysterious !!

Nice thread, i don't have any other software to compare with, but i went Pangolin when i first got into lasers and i suppose that was the best choice i could ever make, seriously. I was really surprised about the excellent service they give to hobbyists, i have never experienced that kind of service from any other software developer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I_love_it_BIG_by_IloveItplz.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	31523
    2x 1W RGB(DT40 PRO)
    1x 4W RGB, Full diode (DT40 WIDE)
    2x 1W, 532nm(DT40 WIDE)
    1x ALC68 ArgonGasser with 8ch, PCAOM
    5xFB3SE, BEYOND

In progress, 2x 2,5w RGB

Hi Folks

Just about to join the ranks of Quickshow owners - mine is on order at the moment hoping it will be here after the weekend.

Watched all the tutorials on Youtube and I just want have a play with it now.

Just need a decent laser next!

Thanks for a great forum.

Paul