Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin

Default Pangolin

I am sure Pangolin has been mentioned before, but here it is again. This is not for the people who have been Pangolin customers as they already know what to expect. This is for anyone new who is on the fence about spending a little more for laser hardware/software.

Pangolin is so much more than hardware/software. They are customer service, to the extreme. I have been using Pangolin products for a few years now. While I don't do commercial shows, I still hold customer service for my "living room" lasershow hardware in high regard. Anyone on this forum has stated over an over again how great the products are. This is one area where you don't just get what you pay for, you get a hell of a lot more. Their products are top-notch but their customer service goes above and beyond. When I first purchased my FB3, I had a problem with the version of the software I was using. I emailed Pangolin with the error log. This was around midnight or 1 a.m. (yes, I stay up late). What I did not anticipate was a response from Bill within about 45 minutes with a link to the updated software. I would not tell anyone to expect a response within 45 minutes at that time of night like that, but Pangolin will get back to you very quickly. That bit of service sealed the deal for me, as I felt slightly guilty for spending that kind of money on a DAC/Software that was a bit more than the competition.

Since then, I have gotten a QM2k running LD2000 intro. I love the stability of the hardware and the software, not to mention the TONS of artwork that come with the product. Just recently, I have had superb customer service from Bill himself. It is rare that you get such great service from the president of a company. When was the last time the CEO of Ford worked with you? Exactly.

I am a small customer. I do lasershows on my living room wall for my family. I am getting the same stellar level of customer service that large lightshow companies get. That will keep me a Pangolin customer for a very long time.

For those who think it is expensive or are on the fence because of the cost, remember the cliche of "You get what you pay for" and then add a little bit more to what you get, and that is Pangolin.

Thank you, Bill, for everything.
    Last edited by absolom7691; 03-14-2012 at 22:09. Reason: spelling!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Welcome to the dark side, absolom! The service and support I receive from Pangolin is always top notch and the product quality is fantastic. Be sure to look in the PL FTP or the pangolin show site for more shows that might not have been on the dvd's!

Bill Benner is really passionate about both Pangolin and all Pangolin users, big time and those like absolom and myself. For a long time all I looked at was the cost... then I attended SELEM, met Bill(twice) and saw demos by masterpj... Once I experienced QS I have not even tried to use the three other lasershow software programs I own. My only regret was not listening long ago to all those who tried to explain why they went with Pangolin.

haklaser

PM me if you want FB3/QS best deal from USA based Pangolin Dealer.
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 04-05-2012 at 15:30.

ProDj Satire says

I mean, we use / like Pangolin products, as-well, but, sheesh... this place is starting to feel like 'Pangoligula'...

Jus sayin'...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ProDj Satire says

I mean, we use / like Pangolin products, as-well, but, sheesh... this place is starting to feel like 'Pangoligula'...

Jus sayin'...
    j
    Was not my intention, just saying, I had a good customer service experience....
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Hello All, I am probably one of the firsts to purchase Quickshow when it was first offered several years ago. After some small software issues and the help from Mr. Brenner all is great. I also use Full Auto ,which I like as well . The folks at One Stop Laser Shop are exceptional to work with. I have made several purchases and gained lots of laser knowledge from Fred and Amanda at One Stop. ALL HAIL the software guru's in the laser business.
    BIRDMAN

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I am sure Pangolin has been mentioned before, but here it is again. This is not for the people who have been Pangolin customers as they already know what to expect. This is for anyone new who is on the fence about spending a little more for laser hardware/software.

Pangolin is so much more than hardware/software. They are customer service, to the extreme. I have been using Pangolin products for a few years now. While I don't do commercial shows, I still hold customer service for my "living room" lasershow hardware in high regard. Anyone on this forum has stated over an over again how great the products are. This is one area where you don't just get what you pay for, you get a hell of a lot more. Their products are top-notch but their customer service goes above and beyond. When I first purchased my FB3, I had a problem with the version of the software I was using. I emailed Pangolin with the error log. This was around midnight or 1 a.m. (yes, I stay up late). What I did not anticipate was a response from Bill within about 45 minutes with a link to the updated software. I would not tell anyone to expect a response within 45 minutes at that time of night like that, but Pangoling will get back to you very quickly. That bit of service sealed the deal for me, as I felt slightly guilty for spending that kind of money on a DAC/Software that was a bit more than the competition.

Since then, I have gotten a QM2k running LD2000 intro. I love the stability of the hardware and the software, not to mention the TONS of artwork that come with the product. Just recently, I have had superb customer service from Bill himself. It is rare that you get such great service from the president of a company. When was the last time the CEO of Ford worked with you? Exactly.

I am a small customer. I do lasershows on my living room wall for my family. I am getting the same stellar level of customer service that large lightshow companies get. That will keep me Pangolin customer for a very long time.

For those who think it is expensive or are on the fence because of the cost, remember the cliche of "You get what you pay for" and then add a little bit more to what you get, and that is Pangolin.

Thank you, Bill, for everything.
    Concur on all counts!!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post

Jus sayin'...
    j
    I guess that's just because of the number of people using it on here.

My experience of Pangolin, with my fan hat off, is I've had excellent service. Any queries have been answered by Bill in person and like Hawkzaw said, how many companies actually have a CEO / MD that answer your questions in person never mind quickly? Truly 1st class service.

Bump and agree with all above
    Mario

www.r3dj.com

1.5W RGB unit from Marc at CT Lasers!
    400mW RGBv mod based on Chinese unit

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I own several different laser software packages. The company whose software gets turned on nearly everyday? Or, if I'm doing something paid... Pangolin.