Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: ML501P73-2, a capless 638nm 5.6mm 500mW Red Laser Diode - Test results.

Hehehe this is a nice change of subject for a change. From a hobbyist point of view its great to post all your testresults online so other hobbyists can bennefit too of this. But from a manufacturer point of view its different. I changed from a hobbyist to a full time manufacturer like Kvant and RGB. I,m not doing the big quantaties like Kvant or others do but the principle is the same. I,m building projectors and developing modules fulltime so posting my research on PL to help others is helping the competition.Kvant,RGB and others like lasever watching PL too i,m sure of that.

I have posted some pictures of my triangle flexmount and it was copied in no time by your friend lasever borg It was not completely the same but you can sure see where the idea is coming from.

Same as my first stackingsystem and that doesn,t matter when your not have to pay your monthly rent from your house because you have some other job. I see it more like a pokergame, you don,t show your cards that you have to others and that is how its with me. I spend over 30000 euro on developing , buying lenses and other stuff to get good and stable modules with the lowest divergence and i,m still investing in that. I have allot of PM,s about wich lenses to use, wich diodes and what not. And to be honest i really would like to help every hobbyist that needs help only but i just can,t because as soon as you tell you how you do things the next day its posted on PL. If i say NO to someone that asks to me what lenses to use or wich diode they should pick they think i,m an asshole. If i do tell them then they will post it on PL becuase they want to share it inn their excitement and Kvant or some other chinese manufacturer copies it in 2 days. The funny thing is that 90% of all information that you need is right here on PL. The only reason for asking me or someone else is because they are LAZY!!! Ok my modules are not cheap as Lasever for that matter but i have seen several threads that Borgqueen posted with problems of his lasever modules. Is it really worth all that to save a few hunderd USD ? PL is a great community for hobbyists aswell for manufacturers. Just play the game honest and let everyone dig out their info that they need for them selves.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

my opinion is that everyone should be able to use this information on this forum to make the laserworld evolve. Contribution is hard since alot of people contributed. if its one guy im sure some people would have donated to him if that person would have a paypal donate link for example.
    You should always hold on to your wallet when someone says "It's not about the money". But, that warning does not mean that it is always about the money. I for one am not doing this for money, but for enlightenment and for the pleasure of following/leading this advancement. I don't care who uses this information. If you want to sit in a dark room and enjoy the the show generated by the projector you built from scratch or if you sell 6 figure projectors to an international laser entertainment company, it's OK. Furthermore, if you want to go out and buy a Kvant module, tear it open and reverse engineer it for your own use that's OK too. If you're in business and you patent intellectual property, then keep it secret and make a profit or at least block others from reselling your idea. But, this is an open forum by definition and more in line with a well of knowledge than a profit center.

My issue is more with bq. Don't be afraid to try these ideas yourself. Your projector is likely to perform better if you know more. You are looking for a module and if you obtain a decent one, put it in your projector and run it, then your done. Right? Now, just a thought. How do you think it would perform if you sent the whole thing to eddison? With his skill/experience? That is the value added that is hard to price. And the relative cost of different modules derives in part from the value of care and knowledge.

So...bq...at the risk of a lot of groans
    IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO'S WRONG OR RIGHT JUST BUY IT

or

IF YOU BUILD IT...IT WILL WORK (we'll help you)

Thanks edison and planters. I still want a ready module.
    But after my projector is done, it seems like a fun project to see how to build a module myself.
    I do then probaly need the info that other companies can copy and paste^^ maybe i can ask for help on skype or something

My 445nm module is a bit crappy. I probaly want to make a more stable module by combining 2 diodes and use aixiz lenses instead of g1's some day. And then have no idea how to make the mrad small and beam small so that could be a fun project later.
    Last edited by borgqueenx; 10-22-2012 at 21:57.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

why dont we just solder 20 bond wires on the them diodes!! haha