Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am frying p3s =(

Thanks , Michel trade in his red quad and that was fitted with a flexmod. He has a new quad and i will fit in a new driver on that quad and new diodes also. So i don,t use it and its sad to see that he popped one. I know how it feels. have,nt we all And its an expencive hobby already without popping things

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

thanks edison....i popped two tho =(

Can someone link me to a proper power supply to run these? also a power supply to run the little fans that are attached to those aixis heat sinks that i believe run at 5-6 volts i was trying to get into this hobby with out asking many questions but now i realize it goes into much depth than i thought it would. Thanks for the help you guys.

Ok first question. What are you going to run with the p3? red, blue? how many? Series or parallel?

Next. go to home depot and buy a pack or two of these.
    http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051
    and while you are there get one of these.
    http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

If you want to do it right, solder the crimped connection.

Twisted wire and terminal lugs are a disaster waiting to happen. They don't tighten. and they cut the fine strands and you have poky things with voltages on them .

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

And while you're at it, get some proper block connector. That one there is usually used for earth connections, which is why everything is so exposed (and an accident/health risk waiting to happen)
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Well the best way is to just make the connections that you have to make and solder and heat shrink everything else.

Oh and get a bag of small zip ties.
    chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Also, you might invest in a some spools of lighter gauge wire. When you are moving only a couple of amps of current 18,20 even 22 G will be a lot less unruly.

Half the fun is asking questions, but most of the learning comes from bad decisions.

Very generous edison!

On one p3 i will be running two 445s on the other p3 i will be running two 300mw 635's. I will be running these in series at 12v. the only reason why im doing them in series is because i want to skip using the resistors ( i dont want more components to confuse me) . i also have lasorbs for the reds. i was hesitant on asking some questions since on other forums (for other hobbys) you where given a big lesson on how you should not ask questions before doing research and to not expect things to just be handed to one. so thats why i was kinda iffy on asking but i figured if i didnt ask i would be doing the same mistake over and over and i would just lose interest in this hobby do to spending so much money on items i would just be burning up. You guys are some of the most generous and respectful people on the internet. I do have other problems with my projector that i am looking to fix like some over shoots with my dt-30s and the circle being out of the sq etc etc. also when i bypass the interlock on my projector it shoots a beam like this: " \" but when i emulate it with qs all my graphics come as if the beam was an actual "." but those are things that really arent getting in the way for what i am using it for right now. i know i want to fix this before i end up screewing up a 400 dollar galvo set. i will take some pictures and up load them. For these other concerns of mine should i start a new thread or just continue it off this one? i would like to focus on slapping in a red in my projector before next week so i want to focus on fixing my power supply issue. I do have a power supply that looks like a transformer that is being used to power my fan in my projector, can i use it for p3s? how about one of those 2.5-12 v power supply that have a switch to get those power ranges and it plugs right into the wall, can i use one of those? or what are people using for them?

Try something like this

http://bit.ly/AvfuVx
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I don't mean to be rude, but judging by the wiring joints in the photos above, the use of AC supply, I fear this user might kill himself when it comes to wiring the mains supply. Ok, so your in the US and it's "only" 115VAC, but still it will kill ya before you can say "soder"...

Please be careful and/or have someone suitably skilled and educated handle your mains wiring!
    This space for rent.