Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stanwax Lasers

Default Stanwax Lasers

Not sure if I have posted before but yes, I am a lurker and a newbie so to speak!

Anyway, one of my cheap 600mw RGB Chinese lasers lost one of it's dichoic mirrors. Very surprised as the amount of glue these guys use could stop a jumbo jet from taking off!

I had a quick look online and discovered Rob's shop by pure chance.

I made the order late on a Saturday night/ early Sunday morning after an event but discovered one mirror was out of stock.
    I sent him a quick message and he replied on the Sunday morning saying he could complete my order.

A few emails later and payment made my order was conformed. It all arrived Tuesday morning.

Very impressed with this guy, great communication and he even 'Liked' my business page on Facebook!

Thanks Rob, I've now fixed my laser and for some reason I feel like building a new unit from scratch. So I will be using you again!

I will be lurking more on here and as I have nothing to offer I hope you guys don't mind the odd thousand questions!

(Just noticed I have now made 5 posts in the past! Wonder what I've written before?!?!)

Hi

Rob at Stanwax Laser is one of life's 'good guys', you made a wise decision to deal with him.

I take it you're based in the UK?, it would be real helpful if you could fill out your approximate location in your profile.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

All done, been a member since 09!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbz View Post
    All done, been a member since 09!
    So, an addict of two years standing?... I figure we'll be seeing you at one of the future UK laser meets then?

Take care

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Haha!! Wouldn't mind going to a laser meet.
    I go to PLASA most years and get blown away by KVANT and HB

I've had a laser for around 7 years but it was only a 100mw Green 20kpps and run via DMX, did have 2 but one went poop!
    This was all that was required and put me on top of the services I offer and the events I cater for.

Then I bought the 2 RGB or should I say RGV units which have been great and got me more work.
    Then I bought a Laserworld DAC(?) which was very cheap (yeah I know why now!) and then after discovering what can be done via ILDA I bought a slave DAC(?)

I would say I am liking the lasers and would love to have something that blows the 2 units away and I have a feeling after dealing with Stanwax I will be attempting to build something myself.
    Some of the stuff on this site is jaw dropping. I love reading and seeing what people can do. I apologise I don't post much but over the past few years I've been in no position to financially back my 'bigger and better' laser plans, and I have nothing to give back to you guys as you are all way beyond me lol!

Here's a quick vid of a gig showing my tacky lasers which gets me work!

Hey Gilbz,

I think we have meet before, I used to live in Taunton and ran Aztecroadshow with the wife, I think we may have meet at one of Andy Martins gigs?? have I got the right guy.

If you want to go to Surfleet meet which happens a couple of times a year, and you can't be bothered to drive there then jump in with me.

I now live in Wiltshire, just outside Frome so I think I'm about 30 miles from you up the 303.

Tony
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

wow small world Tony!
    I remember Aztec, did you do the Bristol Uni gig with us fair few years ago?
    Me and Andy have done a few gigs together other the years so it may well have been me.

Let me know when the Surfleet meet is and I may jump on board with you. I'd love to see how you guys think!

Keep in touch mate, all my details are in the video link ;-)

Yeah we gave up about 6 year ago when the Wife got pregnant, still need to find out who the father is

I still have most of my kit, I do the odd gig maybe once every year - 18 months just for close friends, generally for free, they pay the beer money.

Basically how I came across PL, always loved the effect of lasers, im building one now as I get time, its been to Surfleet twice with no case.

Heres a link to the next Surfleet LEM

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-(Fri-Sat-Sun)

Just so we don't get slated for thread jacking, I have also bought part for my current build, always quick service and Robs very willing to help. He generally comes to Surfleet, and most of his time is spent working on other peoples projectors, just for the love of it.

It would be good if you are able to come, very friendly people and lot of help if you need it.

Cheers mate.

Tony
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

Cheers Tony

Will be in touch!

See this is what happens when sellers do their job properly, it brings people together! (back on topic )

stanwax is a bit of a chop but hes a good chap
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat