Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prisms for 445nm diode front surface knife edging

Default Prisms for 445nm diode front surface knife edging

Hi guys!

For sale are 5x5mm right angle prisms with a HR coating on the S3 (hypotenuse). They are suitable for knife edging. Because of the small size (5x5mm) they exactly fit the beam putted out by the aspherical lenses. The reflection rate is >99,5%. As they deflect the beam by 90° there is no need to place the mirror holders at an angle of 45° to the diode, so you can stack the mirror holders much closer together and reduce the size of your module.

Material: BK-7
    HR Coating: 440-490nm (hypotenuse)
    Size: 5x5mm
    Price: 12€ (excluding VAT) EU buyers need to add 19% VAT or send me your VAT Nr. (German buyers need to add VAT)
    Shipping: 2€ (Germany), 5€ (EU), 7€ anywhere else.

The prisms are in stock and will be shipped immediately.

Prisms for red diodes can be ordered if 100pcs are ordered.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	31316 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	31317 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	31318 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	31319

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	31320 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	31321 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	31322 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	31323

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	31324 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	31325 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	31326 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	31327
    Last edited by lasertack; 03-27-2012 at 03:00.

Thumbs up

Great post! Refreshing to see 'real-world data' / explicit-pix being supplied to 'back' the listed-specs, etc... Thumbs-up.. And, yes - if you've got the €ash prisms are the most efficient-way to knife.. never-get any 'thinner' more-precise an-edge than with these, even vs 1mm mirs.. Thanks for the info...

One comment - not meant to be 'pushy' or offensive, and I only mention, since it (unfortunately..) is not-otherwise 'obvious' Since you seem to be focused on selling stuff on a 'regular-basis' / using PL as a 'marketplace', please consider becoming a 'subscriber' (like the members that are Blued..) - - that-way, community-members will 'feel better' about most to all of your threads being, well.. 'sales pitches'.. The community seems to like / 'respond-better' to members that also - in some way - contribute / give back to PL / support it / aren't just here to 'glean'... You can PM the 'Admin' for 'how to subscribe', should-you feel so-inclined..

Grüße!
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Hi Jon,

PL is definitely not the place where I want to make money. To be honest, I do not make much money on sales here. Most of my sales are just for break even, that means zero profit. My prices are extremely low, so there is no chance for me to get rich. I just wanted to let the members here to benefit from the low prices, because I got some informations here in the past which were very useful. Thats my way to say "thank you all".
    But should the time come and I start to earn something here, sure I will become a subscriber.
    Regards

Alex
    Last edited by lasertack; 03-25-2012 at 08:08.

Oookey-dokey, then...

I just was mostly speaking as-to 'why', perhaps, you were running into, ie:

Quote Originally Posted by lasertack View Post
    Nobody interested in this lenses?
    ..perhaps, in that case, it was truly about the 'value-proposition' of those lenses, w/ the price-difference vs the O's, etc, etc, but, point-being... there are many-peeps here, that don't ever - or, hardly ever - sell anything ....yet they're 'subscribers'... I'm just sayin, I observe that PL, as a whole, 'responds' better to the 'sell-sell-sell' threads - even-if the seller sees good-pricing as 'doing us all a favor' - when they also can 'see' the person is a clear-supporter of PL, dig?

Anyhoo, nice prisms, good-price... I may, in fact, be PM-ing you about pricing for 45 of them.. Yes, 45. ttys..
    cheers
    j

Ok, convinced. I´ll contact the admin in order to become one of the blue guys
    Last edited by lasertack; 03-25-2012 at 08:31.

Except for the high end manufacturers I have not seen any prisms used for kneif edging nor any source prior to this. And if Jon is serious and the pricing is good you might consider an offer of those reds. Is 100 an absolute minimum?

Hi there Alex,

Could I trouble you for a coating curve perchance, should the manufacturer have one available?
    I have an application for these in which the wavelength tickles the lower end of the quoted coating range; hence I would just like to check the performance before I order some.

Do you offer bulk buy price discounts?
    If you do, please PM me the details.

Best Regards,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

kvant use em

were i not to already have designed most of my modules in cad and am getting parts cnc'ed i would have probably had some of these
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I have been working hard on improving the performance of kneif edging for some red diodes and discussing this on another thread, but this offer has really opened my eyes. Jon had mentioned that the prisms had a better edge so I placed two "kneif edge mirrors" from two different suppliers under a microscope to see what I and probably most others had been working with.
    The barely visible grid between the two mirrors has a line spacing of 400 um and the mirror edges shown are typical. It was not possible to find significantly better although it was possible to find somewhat worse edges. I attempted to "clean up" another example of the upper mirror by drawing it slowly across a 1500 grit honing stone only to find the edge to grow slightly worse. I would love to see how the prisms compare!

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	421.5 KB 
ID:	31410

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	448.8 KB 
ID:	31411

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    kvant use em
    ..Indeed, they-do..

Name:	kvant Internals_2.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	311.6 KB 
ID:	31414 ..and-how...

This li'l beauty-queen looks like it is both knife and stack (..looks to me like '3 tiers' of diode-levels, with the prisms mounted at lower, mid, and upper-heights on the knife-blox arrays... sheer brilliance.. btw..not implying that this is a 'Blue' unit, was just using blue in p-shop in doing my 'theorizing' about the paths / summing-technique, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    ..mentioned that the prisms had a better edge.. would love to see how the prisms compare!
    Wow! 'eye-opening' pix!... My comment tho, was more-to the idea that the 'thicker' your mirror-stock (..and, therefore, your 'knife-edge'..) the 'worse' your summing-gains will be, over the course of the array, because of the loss from that 'back-thickness'.. not such a big-deal for a 2-4 diode set-up, but when you get into larger-arrays (5, 10 +, etc..) the 'clipping-losses', if you will - regardless of mir / coating-efficiency seem to add-up quick...

My 'theory' is, that because you just-about can't *get* any 'sharper' an-edge, than that right-angle-edge of the prism, that's about as efficient a knife, *as-possible*... then, of course, coating-efficiency, edge-quality, etc... Yes, it will-be good to see how the edges of these 'prove-out'...

,,But, imo, they'll always be a more efficient 'technique' than using-mirrors, simply-because of the 'awesome-knife' that right-angle inherently-has.. For most-builders, it comes down to cost... If you're getting the Watts you want - or close, anyway for your intended-goals, well.. then yes, a few-$$ mir vs a $50-70. prism (..untill this thread.. ), was 'good enough'..

..but, if you're building something for an application, where you're really-trying to eek-out *every last possible mW*, then, these start looking more attractive, especially at such a knarly-price..

..We'll see 'how they schoon'..
    j