Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prolight & Sound 2012 - post your impressions

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    The Laserworld show (not from me). Not bad at all, technically very good, despite I find the music boring
    as pelosh pointed out most of the time less is more, here with the beamshow you're overwhelmed with many lights so that you can't properly enjoy it in the end

do you know for the graphic part of the show did they use their own LW50k scanners? because some images seem to flicker a lot (maybe only the camera) so i wonder if it's the scanners or not optimized frames - with such high amount of installed projectors they could have assembled the show better for example with 10 projectors each doing a small bit of image so you could draw complex graphics with no flicker

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    Trying to be as objective as I can, this show was far too cluttered. Simple chaos. Most of the time less is more and that applies to lasers too I think. They tried to show that they can too, but....
    I believe the show was programmed by owner of Phoenix using Laser MATRIX interfaces from Showtacle guys (Fiesta.NET and Moncha.NET developers).
    I'll have a video of our stand hopefully finished next week..
    Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    A bit too much imho
    That was my thoughts too, as I said in the first post But technically it was still great, they made alot of efforts to make this show happen and they desserve kudos, especially this year as a few companies didn't made any show at all when they used to do previous years...
    But don't worry Martin, I liked the Kvant shows better

I agree was really nice up until the beam show.

With lasers less is more. Best shows often use only 3 or sometimes more but with only 3 lit at anyone time.

Not worried
    Just objective.

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    Not worried
    Just objective.
    To be clear, I was commenting on the LW show not the Kvant one.

nice use of a pot and a kettle

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I always seem to end up defending myself of these boards lately which gets a little tiring..... but anyway

For me personally Rob I would have less lasers in some part of the Kvant show but it was still a nice show. The LW one on the other hand was totally over the top in my opinion.

The way I view lasers is simple, the beauty in a laser lies in the beam qualities, its colour and its coherence. The beauty of a normal light eg a moving head, lies in the way it interacts with other similar lights. For the moving heads etc, therefore more is usually better. For the laser, less is more as with more you lose the beauty of the beam in the general busyness of the show when you have too many.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    ... For the laser, less is more as with more you lose the beauty of the beam in the general busyness of the show when you have too many.
    Couldnīt agree more...

New artistic approach

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moncha.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	31436