2 x ALC 60X 120 mW Argon
    1 x ALC 68B 1 Watt Argon
    2 x 30mW red He/Ne
    1 x 10mW red He/Ne
    1 x 2mW green He/Ne

Access to -
    Spectra Physics SP2011 5 watt Argon
    2.5 watt RGB DPSS

What if you guys collect all your lasers on the same table, and take some photos of all the stuff

I do understand what a DPSS green is..
    And I also do understand what a He\Ne is !!

But the rest of the stuff you meniton in this thread is totally unknown of me !
    One year ago I did not know what a He\Ne was And I`m for sure dont know what ALC is :roll:
    And a argon laser :roll:

Sorry to say I guess I can do some google picture search... but it had been cool to se some pic of your stuff

Here's a thread about my blue argon laser... It's a REALLY inefficient laser... I think it does 4 to 40mW. I use mine around 20 or so.

Default Argon lasers...

Liteglow;

Argon lasers are ion gas lasers. Big, hulking, power hungry, inefficient monsters - nothing at all like the new blue dpss units. But until recently argon lasers were the only source of blue you could find. Here is a link to a section of Sam's laser FAQ that will give you a decent introduction to argon laser theory.

I've got a few pictures of one of my older Argon lasers (one similar to the one Allthatwhichis has) on my home page if you're interested...

Adam

thanx for sharing

Yes I think I start to get the idea what you are talking about..
    Remeber DPSS is the only lasers I ever own 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo

My HGM-5 needs a much larger tube; something like the ALC-68 B or even a Lexel 88...
    Im pretty sure i could locate a oem 88 tube if you are interested in going that way.. I think the guy also had a turnkey lexel 88 system in extemely good condition as well... The only catch is water cooling, but thats not a huge biggie.. Water cooled lasers look more hardcore
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    I like water cooling!!! How hard is it to convert a air cooled argon to water cooling?

Dave;

Thanks for the tip on the Lexel 88! However, I do need to do some more research first. I just realized that the HGM 5's power supply may not be compatible with a water-cooled head. There's something in the laser FAQ about wet-anode Argon's needing special seals, and also about the changes in the PSU required for wet heads. I'm sure that my PSU can supply enough voltage and enough current to light an 88, but I need to be sure that I won't fry something in the PSU. (The ALC 68 tube, upon which the HGM-5's tube is based, is an air-cooled tube.)

Out of curiousity, do you know how much your firend is looking to get for his '88 head?

Allthatshichis:

Google around in Sam's Laser FAQ... There is a passage in there about what happens when you try to water-cool a 60X head. The results weren't pretty. If I remember correctly, the thing died after a few hours of use. (Accelerated corrosion at the tube ends, I think...) Bottom line, it's not a good idea. (Unless you were thinking of using flourinert as a cooling medium... But that stuff is stupidly expensive!)

Adam

o well... I water cool 2 of my PCs at the moment and will a third when I rebuild it and figured it may be just as easy to do a laser... :roll: I seem to have been wrong a few times when it comes to this habit...