Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help me to choose a laser pointer?

Smile help me to choose a laser pointer?

I'm a teacher,i saw some other teachers using a laser pointer at their class
    i want one too
    but i knew less about laser pointers
    is there anybody give me some advice to help me chose a laser poinrer?
    thanks a lot

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by northspencer View Post
    I'm a teacher.....
    With that Grammar and spelling.

Yeah, right.

Well sure there are lots of cool lasers it kinda depends what color you want and how much do you want to pay?
    You can go to radio shack and buy a 65$ green 5mw green laser.
    Or you can buy violet lasers, blue lasers or red lasers, and redish orange lasers.
    Or you can spend a decent alot more and get whats called 7 color laser it has all the basic mixed RGB colors.

if you are looking for a laser pointer then this might not be the right forum. ( http://www.laserpointerforums.com )
    if you are looking for a laser projector then this is the right place.
    What are your intentions with the laser so that we can help you further decide what might be the best laser for your needs?

also keep in mind especially as a teacher with either a pointer or projector to keep safety priority no. 1 (never point at living object)
    www.laserwinkel.nl - Rental and sales of lasershow systems, parts and accessories

Quote Originally Posted by laserwinkel View Post
    if you are looking for a laser pointer then this might not be the right forum. ( http://www.laserpointerforums.com )
    if you are looking for a laser projector then this is the right place.
    What are your intentions with the laser so that we can help you further decide what might be the best laser for your needs?

also keep in mind especially as a teacher with either a pointer or projector to keep safety priority no. 1 (never point at living object)
    If you're using a laser pointer for its intended purpose (hey, that would be a first!), that is, pointing out interesting stuff on a screen, you need something that is fairly visible and still eye safe when used more "irresponsibly", e.g. causes no trouble if a non-laser-literate user decides to wave it around randomly.

The only thing that comes to mind here, which is the simple 1mW or 5mW green pointers. They're fairly visible on a projection screen in a lit room, and still have a low enough power rating so that they're eye safe, even for use in the USA. Other wavelengths (445nm blue, 638nm red) are nearly impossible to see with a low power like that.

Do pay attention to cheap Chinese copies though -- they tend to have a slightly higher power rating than what's on the sticker and some of them lack an IR filter.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post

Yeah, right.
    Obvious troll is obvious... has he said anything about WHAT he was teaching or even if English was his native language? Not everyone is from the English speaking parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post

Yeah, right.
    Sounds like an Austraylyen Teacha.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by white-light View Post
    smack! !
    This space for rent.

I have an Aqarius-5 and Lyra Gold lasers, both at or under 5mW, that I purchased from Laserglow.com; both would be good for your "pointing" purposes.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    .... has he said anything about WHAT he was teaching or even if English was his native language?...
    You mean that in some languages they don't use a capital letter to start sentences?
    Or they never finish sentences with a full stop?
    Or use a capital "I" to refer to themselves in the first person perspective?
    Or proof read their posts prior to hitting the SEND button?
    And these are the teachers !?!

That's some crazy shit right there, Man.
    No wonder da kidz of today can't communicate via the written language (nles its txt spk).