Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Software to create an .ild formated file (ILDA Export?).

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

doug,

dr.lava recently moved (i think that was last week). he may still be dealing with unpacking/organizing/whatever.

how many frames/anims do you need made, and what's your time frame? i might be able to grind some out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hdbaird View Post
    I did send DrLava a PM, here and on Laserboy.org and multiple "what's the status" from google wallet (which is how the software was purchased). No response.
    As for Spaghetti, I think John already replied about a "in the works" feature of Spaghetti. Nice but doesn't help me now.

Thanks again for all the advice.
    Doug

Doug
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

What kind of laser do you have? Did it come with software? Some software has a problem with virus protection. I disabled my protection and the software installed perfectly. Haven't figured out animating yet (newby) but have made a few still frames and got them spinning with software I got from this forum (3Drotation). I read up on Quickshow here and knew it wouldn't export .ild files...but there are a TON of them available. I got QS for a laser coming with ilda input. A Reke500rgb from www.lasersman.com Don't get frustrated...it will come. I learn new things every day. I Did get some simple animations created with ishow. pm me for further file info.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I don't think Spaghetti has the ability to export to ILDA.
    Meanwhile, try the PL FTP server. You can get guest login info in the stickied thread in the Administrative News subforum. It contains a lot of ILDA files, in addition to your own standard files. There are also some simple programs on there to create your own, though they are freeware and tend to not be very professional.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    I don't think Spaghetti has the ability to export to ILDA.
    I am pretty sure that it always has.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    What kind of laser do you have? Did it come with software? Some software has a problem with virus protection. I disabled my protection and the software installed perfectly. Haven't figured out animating yet (newby) but have made a few still frames and got them spinning with software I got from this forum (3Drotation). I read up on Quickshow here and knew it wouldn't export .ild files...but there are a TON of them available. I got QS for a laser coming with ilda input. A Reke500rgb from www.lasersman.com Don't get frustrated...it will come. I learn new things every day. I Did get some simple animations created with ishow. pm me for further file info.
    I have 3 of these, http://www.mgsfx.com/info.asp?act_id=201222313502&id=39, the 700mw version (And I might need one more). They were inexpensive, as far as lasers go, but was the highest output I could find that had the SD-Card feature. Since I purchased them, I found a 1000mw version, but 700mw will be just fine for what I need. This is my first laser so I don't have anyting to compare to, but I'm very happy with the laser's themselves. I've never had any issues with my virus protection, but at this point, I'll try pretty much anything.
    Simple animations is all I need, I'm hoping iShow will come through for me. Will be at least another week before it arrives.
    And as far as Quickshow, I did read that it would work with ILDA files, but that's only for importing. That wasn't clear in their description of QS and because of their status in the industry, I didn't question if it was an available feature for exporting. I'm learning each day also, but not what I was hoping to learn.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    doug,

dr.lava recently moved (i think that was last week). he may still be dealing with unpacking/organizing/whatever.

how many frames/anims do you need made, and what's your time frame? i might be able to grind some out for you.
    Swamidog,
    I'll keep your info on hand. The animations should be very simple, but I'm not an artist by any means and our time frame is short (Mid Sept). I do have 2 artists available to create the animations, however, we're all new to this laser animation and will most likely need some more guidance from those with more experience. Thanks for the offer!

Doug

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

shouldn't be a problem. i did some custom 3d animation->ilda conversions (the space station, the ringed played, the astronaut, the voyager, the helmet, and the space capsule) for this show and the actual process with ildsos took almost no time. happy to help out a laserist in need.

Quote Originally Posted by hdbaird View Post
    Swamidog,
    I'll keep your info on hand. The animations should be very simple, but I'm not an artist by any means and our time frame is short (Mid Sept). I do have 2 artists available to create the animations, however, we're all new to this laser animation and will most likely need some more guidance from those with more experience. Thanks for the offer!

Doug
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I am pretty sure that it always has.
    You're right... I was looking in the wrong place.

It might be worth looking into the process for uploading the new ilda animations to the cards, and anything else that might need doing to make it find them.
    I seem to recall threads where the format of the .ild files had to be very specific, and there may be some other file (like a contents file in text format) that needs to contain the details of the new frames.
    I'm getting older so that last bit may be wrong, but worth having a check. Do they give you any software with the projectors?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    It might be worth looking into the process for uploading the new ilda animations to the cards, and anything else that might need doing to make it find them.
    I seem to recall threads where the format of the .ild files had to be very specific, and there may be some other file (like a contents file in text format) that needs to contain the details of the new frames.
    I'm getting older so that last bit may be wrong, but worth having a check. Do they give you any software with the projectors?
    The laser was offered with an iShow option bundle (and even a "spare parts bundle"). I chose not to go that route since I had already purchased QuickShow.
    I do expect there to be some tweaking with the exporting and running of the .ild files. I downloaded some of the .ild files from the ftp site and I'll see how those work.

Doug