Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Software to create an .ild formated file (ILDA Export?).

Have you ever looked at LaserBoy? It can import and export ild (all flavors), DXF (palette and true color), wave (formatted and unformatted) and even plain ASCII text tables that you can create in a spread sheet, a math CAD app or even write in notepad. It also has its own image creation, manipulation and animation tools and the ability to open a bitmap in the background for tracing or as a color map or mask for overlaid vector art.

Also, I'm not exactly sure what you have, but I have seen systems that come with a small set of ild files. If you try to add to that list, your additions just get ignored. If you try to save new ild files of the same names, they don't work. LaserBoy comes with a frame set called in.ild. Try that and see what you get. Note: It is not optimized for direct scanning! LaserBoy does optimizations with a few settings that are by default tweaked for wave output at 48KHz, but can be adjusted for any pps.

LaserBoy is free, open source and will compile and run in Windows, Linus and Mac OSX. It comes with a pre-compiled Windows executable.

James.
    Last edited by james; 04-26-2012 at 12:05.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I discovered a large number of the animations that come with QS were ones I've been projecting which came with the laser I bought. It has been done.

End Quote.

NO, its probably the other way around. Pango bought the rights to the stuff from the same commercial source ARTISTS.

I have stuff that I paid 350$ per CD a in small "exclusive" animation collection, later be bought by Pangolin for distribution.

There is a hardware way, but it degrades the images slightly and is outright theft if done for commercial purposes as you describe.

Steve

There is a way, but I understand we're not allowed to talk about it, as its a loophole.
    The last person to post how to do it, was asked by Bill to remove the post. I expect it's in violation of their software license agreement anyway.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Yes. There is a way! Whatever comes out of any DAC as analog signals can be recorded with an ADAT or eqivalant, transcribed to wave and converted back into color vector art.... at your own risk of liability.

It's really no different than copying a CD or DVD or whatever. If it ain't your art, it's stealing!

Guns don't kill people. People with guns......

Make your own art! It's easy. It's your own! And it's FRESH, ORIGINAL STUFF!
    Last edited by james; 04-26-2012 at 12:13.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    There is a way, but I understand we're not allowed to talk about it, as its a loophole.
    The last person to post how to do it, was asked by Bill to remove the post. I expect it's in violation of their software license agreement anyway.
    What loophole? All you have to do is record the output with an ADAT and feed it through something like LaserBoy to convert it to ILDA. There is nothing magical, mysterious, or underhanded about it. It's no different than back in the day when I used to record music with my giant cassette player by holding it up to the car speaker on my way to grandmas house.

Now, what is interesting about this, and it even gets more interesting when you consider recent threads... Eye Magic, the same company with the disputed galvos currently sells a device called a Magic Box that will record directly from an ILDA port to an SD memory card.

yep yep yep!

If it was all up to the RIAA, we would never have had open reel tape decks, cassette tapes, VCRs, CD burners, DVD burners, etc...

They did manage to kill the first digital recorders in The USA. There were devices that could convert analog to PCM digital and convert that high bandwidth signal into something that could be recorded on a standard VCR, like Beta and VHS. Then there was the original DAT. They didn't actually kill it. But they crippled it to death.

Think about all those devices that were made for priacy; like cassette and VCR dubbing decks, CD and DVD duplicators. What a LOOPHOLE!
    Last edited by james; 04-26-2012 at 16:02.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Yes, and there's your way too of course.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Thought I'd give an update. I received the FB3-SE on Thursday (May 3rd). I regret not doing this earlier, but I had to try the "less expensive" route. After a couple of days of working with it, I was able to create the animation & sync it to music via DMX. And the card has more features (which are not available with the laser's built-in SD-card feature) than I expected and am already taking advantage of. As much as this setup is very proprietary (even more so with the FB3-SE), it's features, ease of use and image quality more than make up for it. More on all that as the show develops (will be done in time for Halloween).
    Thanks again for all the advice & guidance.
    Doug

I have a Laser-UK Club Scene unit, with an SD Card. Having followed all the comments on here with interest, I would like to throw another problem into the pot.

I have created some simple scrolling graphics messages to throw up things like Happy Birthday, etc for special occasions. If i try to connect using (rude words deleted!) iSho, i just get a garbled mess on the ILDA port, and if I try to create .ild files using 'the pasta product' i do manage to throw the image, but it is very poorly drawn, and flashes badly.

DOes anyone have any suggestins as to what I am doing wrong? I am a total newbie at laser programming, having only just moved up from simple scanners and pre-programmed units.

It sounds to me like you have art that looks OK on a computer screen, but it is not at all properly optimized for your scanners.

Have you tried working with LaserBoy?

You can open and manipulate all forms of ILDA. You can also create new art. And it lets you optimize the art for best display results.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials