Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi ML501P73-02 638nm 500mW Laser Diode GB Feeler

My batch of P73 500mW will arrive today for testing, so we should in one or two days be able to confirm the specs are ok.

I understand DTR will also have some too in a days or so.

..if the other group-buy is any indication of future gb's I'll pass .. Do they all take this loooong .. ?

I think Andy was just waiting to get them in his hands to do some testing before proceeding. That is not necessarily a bad thing with a new diode.

Yup we got some great photos of the diode to know now there is a good amount of changes that suggest a much stronger diode.
    I am very excited to get some of these and push them i want at least 750mw to 1w stable out of a single diode to make the cost worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    I think Andy was just waiting to get them in his hands to do some testing before proceeding. That is not necessarily a bad thing with a new diode.
    Exactly, and here's the test results page for those who don't know where it is.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...e-Test-results

Me and DTR both have good sources now, Anyone want to drop out of this GB are welcome and also welcome to pay the higher none GB price later.

I am testing the diodes are VERY ok before committing them to the GB.

As soon as we finalist the diode we'll go with the GB or not and this answer should be known later today.

Certainly I powered one and it looks strangely better than the G71

Oh, The G71 seams to have been dropped as a product from Mitsubishi already.

Ok, so considering the test results I am getting, I am closing this GB for now as it seams that the beam specs possible from the P73 are far worse than the G71. I Am not sure why.

Could be despite what I was told by Mitsubishi engineer the emitter is indeed larger.

So I have 4 spare P73 diodes for sale and will do these the same price as DTR if anyone is interested to try them in Europe.

If not I will keep hold of them for another idea.

Andy

Please do tell more on your results
    And what beam correction you used ?
    And what results they gave ?
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    Ok, so considering the test results I am getting, I am closing this GB for now as it seams that the beam specs possible from the P73 are far worse than the G71.
    Well that's dissapointing. Are they not working with the optics that are working so well with the G71 diode?

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Well that's dissapointing. Are they not working with the optics that are working so well with the G71 diode?
    It certainly is disappointing, I tried many methods, actually too many to bother listing. Maybe have a crack at it again sometime.

Likely are ok for a fat laser pointer style beam but other than that, looks pretty impossible for anything to knife edge or similar.

I have 3 of them stacked up and shooting on to a pair of cambridge 6800hp's and it works fine. No beam correction... I still want them