Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mitsubishi ML501P73-02 638nm 500mW Laser Diode GB Feeler

I am also tinkering with an idea even if the emitter is larger but I have to wait for something to be quickly fabricated to see. Actually if this idea works, it will work with any diode.

I will be back Later.

Default Here we go again !!!

Well...as the title sez...I am very puzzled at the reported results concerning the P73 ...so far. I do not have one yet....and am extremely interested in ANY information...from ANY member !!! Looks like I must get a P73 and check it out !!! Thanx !! BEAM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lion Tammer 3.jpg  

Last edited by CDBEAM; 04-25-2012 at 17:28. Reason: Mode...not emitter !!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

^Nice pic CDBeam lol..

but..

A Multi-emitter??

I dont understand..

Each diode has a single resonator cavity, multi-mode, yes, but multi-emitter? What do you mean ?

typo i think cant wait to see the tests from DTR.

Yea...I had a non-focus moment !!! Multi Mode is what I meant !! I was thinkin about about Emitter size and why the hell would they change the emitter size ???? BEAM
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

well, if the increased emmiter size means that it can handle more abuse and we find that this is like the 445nm ones and can operate reasonably well above one watt, then maybe it is worth it to take the plunge and GRIN the damn thing. then, beam shaping will be much easier

It is a good thing that it already is open can; makes the job easier
    "its called character briggs..."

Spot on Lanek,

So shall I change the GB to be " Pre-fitted with Grin Lens "

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    well, if the increased emmiter size means that it can handle more abuse and we find that this is like the 445nm ones and can operate reasonably well above one watt, then maybe it is worth it to take the plunge and GRIN the damn thing. then, beam shaping will be much easier

It is a good thing that it already is open can; makes the job easier

A GRIN !!! Micro manupilators...UV setting epoxy...Yikes...My hair is on fire !! So...Andy...How Much $$, How soon ?? I assume the GRIN will replace the Collimation lens....so...alignment between the LD and Colli just goes away !!! Fine with me !!! It was a PITA anyway !!

Will additional C-lenses be required to do the final correction ?? I assume they will still be needed !...And just when I thought the G71 solution would apply to the P73 badboy !!! Well....Of course NOT !!!! Three steps forward...two steps back !!! Typical !!! !!! BEAM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marvin 7b.jpg  

Last edited by CDBEAM; 04-26-2012 at 19:55. Reason: added cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    Spot on Lanek,

So shall I change the GB to be " Pre-fitted with Grin Lens "
    well, pending overdriveability of the diode and price of the GRINed solution, yes sir, go ahead and change the GB

heh, is this news or what!!
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    well, pending overdriveability of the diode and price of the GRINed solution, yes sir, go ahead and change the GB

heh, is this news or what!!
    Overdriveability....I must remember this word !! We at Terrawatt Labs just refer to this as the " S & M " factor for a LD !! hahaha...Yikes....((( CRACK ))) " Thank you Sir...May I have another " mA !!!! BEAM