Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My green is doing strange things

Actually ,thinking back I remember seeing this on my mini RGB. I put it down to being a cheap green. However I have seen it more recently on my bigger RGB with 500mW Laserwave green.

Cheers
    Rich

@White-Light

Followed your instructions for the test. To set my colors to match ended up being - Red 92, Green 74 and Blue 100. All the following cues looked just as they should matching the screen......and the white is the BEST it's ever looked!

Another thing, it does NOT do the weird flickering thing any more!!! At least for a 5 min test.... No more flickering on a solid white cue or going back to green. And everything matches what's on the preview screen.

Is Quickshow over driving the green the problem or what?

I do not see the issue with my equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    @White-Light

Is Quickshow over driving the green the problem or what?
    I wouldn't have thought so. Strange how reducing power seemed to cure it for you.

Reducing power makes no difference on mine so maybe its just DPSS modulation and how well everyone's lasers are modulating.

It was starting to sound like a software issue but now turning your green down and Shawn's lack of problem with those cues seems to make it sound possibly individual laser related.

Who knows, I'm sure Pangolin will take a look and determine if there's anything in QS that needs altering.

That's partly why I was hoping someone with a Stanwax / DZ CC board fitted could test them as that would then give a better indication of whether the issue is software or laser based.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    ...I was hoping someone with a Stanwax / DZ CC board fitted could test them as that would then give a better indication of whether the issue is software or laser based.
    You could try Dnar, who has at least one projector fitted with the CC board, or give me a couple of days to get my projector with the CC board back up and running.

My mode hopping 400mW CNI does this too. One cue looks great with pencil beams, then later it can be a peanut shape. It all depends on heat.

I found I can produce a fan of green beams that are ok, then later not good. Run the green hard for a bit and it comes good. PITA.
    This space for rent.

An update on the test....

With the powers reduced, a white cue will be white for a short time and then go to part of the line is white and some parts are pink. The pink moves around pretty fast, but if I pause the cue everything is froze as it was. The parts that were white as I pressed pause stay white and the pink parts stay as they were when I hit pause. I get no movement of the pink when it is paused. Resume the cue and it goes back to moving pink in the white lines. It does not make the green do weird things now though.

I was thinking the answer was the green modulation, but seeing how when a white cue is paused and the pink does not move around any, I'm not so sure. Seems like if it was not modulating fast enough to keep up, when paused the pink would still move around.

Strange, but at least I'm not getting the 1/2 power green thing now.

BTW, my green is a Laserwave. I'm curious if the other people that are having similar issues are using Laserwave as well...?

Well pink could be red and white (obviously) and you can make white with 2 colours so it could still be the green modulation that's not keeping up.

Anyway, I can't help any further, I think we need to hear from Pangolin and maybe by then they'll have run a few tests as well to determine if its laser or software. Sounds like modulation though.

Guys, we're in a realm I don't like to be in. Here we are, expending a whole lot of words, trying to describe a visual phenomenon.

Imagine if I tried to describe the New York city skyline by only moving my body around? TALKING ABOUT ART IS LIKE DANCING ABOUT ARCHITECTURE!!!

Folks, there is a reason why we have five senses, including vision. This is a visual phenomenon. Can we bring this into the realm of visuals and out of the realm of words?????

Please make a video of the problem or, at the very least, post photographs. Otherwise it's just a bunch of words on top of other words on top of other words, and words simply can't do justice to visual phenomenon.

If I saw only a single picture, I'd know exactly what's going on and how to fix it. Otherwise, here I have read 18 posts and still can't see it. Also, I'm not convinced that the others offering advice haven't in fact misdiagnosed the problem...

Bill

@ bill $50 says i am not far wrong
    but i sometimes feel its a combo problem with greens 1, they are mostly crap these days 2, dpss is not that happy about being pulse modulated .
    i can use the same projector on a true analog dac and get less problems not perfect but better
    but i am no expert just go by what i see
    in general the software is the best, i dont get any problems that i dont blame on crap lasers, there is not one in general use that dont have problem of one sort or another
    the only way to avoid it is go coherents $$$$$$$$$$$$
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.