Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My green is doing strange things

Default My green is doing strange things

Hopefully I can explain this so it makes sense....

In Quickshow if I open any cues with some green or lots of green, the green looks normal.

If I open a cue that is white only, for a second or two it looks white. Then it starts to go into a white with pink / red area that jump around.

Then if I close that cue and open a cue that has a lot of green, the green looks only 1/2 power in parts of the cue and jumps around similar to how it did in the white.

Sometimes it will go back to normal on it's own. Sometimes I have to turn off the projector and turn it back on to get the green back to normal.

I tried going into setup and turning the green down as low as 80% thinking something in a white cue was over driving the green, but it still does it.

At first I thought my green was dieing, but I don't think it is. Opening any cues they look normal, until I open something that is white. As far as I know it's ONLY happening when I open a cue that is white that triggers the green to go weird.

Any ideas of what could be going on?

Sounds heat related. In a white cue, the green is likely to have a higher duty cycle than a pure green frame.
    The way to check this for sure is to test the module CW with 5v on the mod lines and see if the power rises and drops significantly after time.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    Hopefully I can explain this so it makes sense....

In Quickshow if I open any cues with some green or lots of green, the green looks normal.

If I open a cue that is white only, for a second or two it looks white. Then it starts to go into a white with pink / red area that jump around.

Then if I close that cue and open a cue that has a lot of green, the green looks only 1/2 power in parts of the cue and jumps around similar to how it did in the white.

Sometimes it will go back to normal on it's own. Sometimes I have to turn off the projector and turn it back on to get the green back to normal.

I tried going into setup and turning the green down as low as 80% thinking something in a white cue was over driving the green, but it still does it.

At first I thought my green was dieing, but I don't think it is. Opening any cues they look normal, until I open something that is white. As far as I know it's ONLY happening when I open a cue that is white that triggers the green to go weird.

Any ideas of what could be going on?
    I have been seeing this too. I didn't really think too much of it for beam shows and haven't looked any deeper into the issue. I don't have the laser on hand right now but will fire them up later this week and run some experiments.

On a side note. Last time I ran the RGB all colors were working fine but all of a sudden the blue would drop out completely. I haven't had time do do any testing - maybe related.

I'll report back

Cheers
    Rich

Interesting could this be a laser or software problem?

I need to rule something out...

Can you guys do a test for me:

1. Display Graphics cue "P" for me and adjust colour balance on the projector so what you get on the wall is exactly the same as on the screen.

This is the cue:

Please adjust the laser for an exact colour match with your screen

2. When you've done this, display Graphics cue "H" the Orca.

This is the cue:

What do you see? A blue / white Orca as on the preview window on your screen or a pure white Orca?

3. Finally load Atmospherics > Sheets > Cue "5"

This is the cue:

What do you see? A pink fan and a green fan with black in the centre as on screen or do you see two predominately white fans with a little bit of colour on the ends?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i have seen this exact issue. i attributed it to problems with the supplied cues.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Interesting could this be a laser or software problem?

I need to rule something out...

Can you guys do a test for me:

1. Display Graphics cue "P" for me and adjust colour balance on the projector so what you get on the wall is exactly the same as on the screen.

This is the cue:

Please adjust the laser for an exact colour match with your screen

2. When you've done this, display Graphics cue "H" the Orca.

This is the cue:

What do you see? A blue / white Orca as on the preview window on your screen or a pure white Orca?

3. Finally load Atmospherics > Sheets > Cue "5"

This is the cue:

What do you see? A pink fan and a green fan with black in the centre as on screen or do you see two predominately white fans with a little bit of colour on the ends?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I'll email Pangolin and bring this to Bill's attention.
    Last edited by White-Light; 04-17-2012 at 23:19.

i see it a lot in my greens, its normally a temp problems in that most green stuggle to keep there temps correct
    and you got to be lucky to find one that works well, proberly will see this more in single tec greens than dual tec ones , un less its got issues
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

It's a pity no-one with a colour correction board fitted has tested these above as described because that way it could be isolated as laser or software.

I personally think it could be 1 of 3 possibilities:

1. Problem with the lasers and just co-incidence 4 people at once are having the same problem

2. Problem with QS and colour management of certain cues (or maybe problem with those certain cues and their colour info)

3. Problem with the modulation ie maybe those particular cues require very fast modulation due to the way they work and uncorrected lasers are simply having problems because many greens can't keep up with the required modulation speed thus causing colour aberrations as blue and red take precedence as the green appears weak through not having enough time to modulate properly.

If anyone with a CC board fitted can run some tests, it would probably help.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

it's unfortunate that we can't export those cues to ilda and take a real look at them.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    It's a pity no-one with a colour correction board fitted has tested these above as described because that way it could be isolated as laser or software.

I personally think it could be 1 of 3 possibilities:

1. Problem with the lasers and just co-incidence 4 people at once are having the same problem

2. Problem with QS and colour management of certain cues (or maybe problem with those certain cues and their colour info)

3. Problem with the modulation ie maybe those particular cues require very fast modulation due to the way they work and uncorrected lasers are simply having problems because many greens can't keep up with the required modulation speed thus causing colour aberrations as blue and red take precedence as the green appears weak through not having enough time to modulate properly.

If anyone with a CC board fitted can run some tests, it would probably help.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Alexey will be able to analyse them.

However, it would be useful to establish if its modulation related or not by projection in colour corrected laser.

I'd be very surprised to find it's a specific colour issue in QS given that so few cues seem to be affected. However, a modulation issue could be more more likely as it could just be the way those cues are modulating is faster than the DPSS greens can keep up.