Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixedgas and Others - What the hell is this?

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    lazer
    Umm, sorry, but you spelled that wrong - it's "LaZ0r"

That is one nutty-rig.. Would love to see the inside of that bus... or, maybe not..

..I wonder - like fle said, seeing all the 'gore' in the middle / looking at those 'vented' PVC tubes.. perhaps some sort of enviro / air-quality sampling rig, w/ RTB-comm-capability? I posture that, cause, whilst hiking w/ my Boys up in Sequoia last summer, we got to the top of this one huge-vista, overlooking like a 1400'-drop valley - so, a perfect spot to 'sample' wind / rain / air-quality / smoke, etc - (..I'm pretty-sure there was a seismograph-station, there, too.. ) w/ all manner of sec. cammys / barbed-sections / GO AWAY signs, etc - and there were some awful-similar-lookin rigs up on that rock, iirc.. didn't take any pix, but, we were quite intrigued....

..anyhoo, just a thought..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

could definitely be environmental stuff of some kind

Pretty sure its a flux capacitor.

I think the uwave looking thing in the center is some sort of over unity device.

heh.

It's a device to tell him the height of the max headroom bar at the drive thru
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I bet it has a Mog named "Barf" in there.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    the PVC could be antennas in there... would have to be 1/2 wave antennas since they would have no ground plane... very bizzare

the crazy shit in the middle looks like some microwave stuff, looks like theres a bit of wave-guide flange stuff, cant really tell?

there also looks to be some kind of wire antenna going up to the trees, I would say probably a hamtard setup of some kind, but without better pictures it would just be guessing

My guess was he left the waveguide from the sheriff's 1.7 Ghz gov band video link, used the crossbar for the ground plane and went poor man's lousy quarterwave. Not too many such folks would build a halfwave, the plans are not exactly simple in QST.

I'd laugh if its one of the pot growers who sample the air for various reasons around their crops.

Without further observation of whom comes and goes, I would not be knocking on the door.

Steve

It is a classic direction finding setup. The coils form a directional sterable array. Looks from size to be 1.2ghz 440mhz 144mhz. I think it is most likely a radio direction finding vehicle. It could also be used to track tagged animals. Nothing special up there at all.

It is a classic direction finding setup. The coils form a directional sterable array. Looks from size to be 1.2ghz 440mhz 144mhz. I think it is most likely a radio direction finding vehicle. It could also be used to track tagged animals. Nothing special up there at all. The black parts on their sides are most likely duplex mixers so a single unit can run both frequencies at the same time. Other thought is a mobile repeater station.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    It is a classic direction finding setup. The coils form a directional sterable array. Looks from size to be 1.2ghz 440mhz 144mhz. I think it is most likely a radio direction finding vehicle. It could also be used to track tagged animals. Nothing special up there at all. The black parts on their sides are most likely duplex mixers so a single unit can run both frequencies at the same time. Other thought is a mobile repeater station.
    Could be,
    I thought about that,
    A Double Ducky with a sense whip?

Kinda course for animal tracking, unless you have more then one location, or someone on foot.

Steve