Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy

Default New guy

Hello everyone;
    I'm Colin, from Columbus, Ohio. I'm a first year senior in ECE at The Ohio State University. I used to frequent Wicked Lasers/Lasercommunity forums, starting totally new to lasers, and eventually getting a grasp on very amateur scanners. Now I'm even trying to specialize in photonics here at school, just so I get a chance to work with more lasers. Anyway, I got sick of a few certain people ruining it for everyone, and I'm looking for people who want to talk about lasers instead of how much so-and-so is scamming everyone. Got referred to this site by a guy who seems to have felt the same way.

I've made my own cruddy laser scanner out of barcode stepper motors and a Basic Stamp 2 processor. I own 2 150mw 650nm pen lasers and a 115mw 532nm pen laser, and am looking into buying a mounted 532nm soon w/ some better galvos. My site is http://lasers.musicfoxaudio.com, though most of the info is probably common knowledge on here (it suited lasercommunity well).

Anyway, just wanted to say hi! Now ya know a bit about me, and I hope to learn alot from this place!

Welcome!

I had a look at your stuff there. The spirograph images really got me thinking of old times. It's fun to see all your experiments and I think you will find that your in the right place
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Welcome aboard mate.
    I'm sure you'll find we are all a pretty helpful bunch and there is no back stabbing either.
    The forums are pretty much self moderated which is testomony in itself as to how well we all get on together.

Jim

hmm the url did not work here :roll:

But welcome to this forum
    I`m glad you did find your way in here...
    And if you got any question plz feel fre to (search) and ask if you dont find your answer 8)

Filip

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow
    hmm the url did not work here :roll:
    Filip
    There is a comma in the url, it should read http://lasers.musicfoxaudio.com

Jim

Hey BoomDog! Welcome to PhotonLexicon!

Always nice to see new members here. I think you'll find we're a pretty good group. Lots of information to be found here, and good advice as well. Hope you like it here. (I know I do...)

Adam

:idea: Great to see another laser addict.....I would like to chat sometime about a small dc to 3-phase ac inverter sometime. I would limit my laser purchasing to analog modulated units as you will want them down the road......just my .02- hind sight is always 20/20 or better!
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Welcome!
    You're website is awesome! I cant wait till you build your first lasershow system and write it up on your site

Default nice to meet you here

Nice to meet you here . I am sure you will have a fruitful harvest in the forum . No matter on the friends ,but on the experience here . Any question or requriement , if possible , I would like to help you .

(Miss)Nono-Shen
    Email :SYN@viasho.com
    MSN: nono-shen-mimi@hotmail.com

Thanks for the warm welcome

Seems like I've decided to skip straight from better stepper motors to piecing an entire system together; I'm taking out a loan I am working off over the winter at an internship to buy the parts, and who knows, maybe I can even make a side business out of this once I get a decent projector working. Luckily I know a few good people that have been helping me with everything w/ lightshows from variances, tips, and ways to start. Plus this forum and you folks have been tremendous so far. We'll see where this goes; all I can say though is that when I finally do start to piece everything together, you guys might be seeing a few more "HELP!!!" posts from me :P