Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: CaribbLEM is a go!

Picasso - good question, i have never tried to buy or sell a car here. Let me ask around and see what feedback I get.

Dan - GBP850 is pretty good price all in

Cheers
    Rich

Oh god! It's my 40th birthday first week in March- BUT I'm also supposed to be getting married in 2014 and I have no idea how I'd find £3k+ to get me and the missus and nipper out there
    And I have a feeling it would be none too popular if I was to come on my own... Aaarrgggh!
    Can you find out about kids please, mine will be 3 then, but the flight is the main killer really, and she has a small appetite and doesn't drink much beer
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

The boat crossing is about 1hr. Depends on which boat they use - can be as quick as 45min.

They have sea sick tablets in the ticket office for free if you want/need them.
    This sounds more do-able then

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    This sounds more do-able then

Rob
    Yeah 1 hour of sickness = 8 hours of grief.

Definitely do-able.

BTW thought this thread deserved a dancing banana.

Awesome responses so far! Keep them coming!

Looks like the last week in February, 2013 is a good week for everyone so far. If no one posts a problem in the next week, we'll cement that date and run with it. (That way people can get the best deals on airfare by booking well in advance.)

Regarding the issue of traveling with a laser projector: If you have a flight case for your projector, you can check it as extra baggage. I think the fee is between $35 and $70 per bag (after the first two), depending on which airline you fly with. It would be something to ask your ticketing agent about when you book your flight.

However, if you don't have a sturdy case to stick your projector in, then you probably won't be able to fly with it.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 05-06-2012 at 03:58.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

My last experience with travelling with a projector was $25 as a checked bag (flight case) and it needed to be under a certain dimention and under 50 pounds. I was fine going but, on the way back I decided to leave the power cord and my ILDA cable in the flight case rather than in my backpack and they definately picked up that I was a pound overweight which would have been a $100 fee.

As requested... What sort of travel documents are necessary?" A passport obviously but, anything else? Innoculations?

Oh... I'm "interested" but have no idea if I can actually take a week or 8 days off consecutively. I generally haven't gotten that many off in an entire damn year. (As an example, 2 since FLEM and a total of 3 since TEXLEM! )
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 05-06-2012 at 04:58.

With regards to travel documents - all you need is a passport with at least 6 months remaining on it and a return/onward ticket. You will be issued a tourist visa for either 30 or 90 days when you go through immigration at San Pedro Sula (SAP) airport. It is a pretty painless experience to be honest. If you can get off the plane first then you will get through really quickly.

Cheers
    Rich

Yep, worst thing about flying to the Carribean is waiting at immigration. We found having a small child or 2 in tow helps with queue jumping! If we end up going, Mia can gain a few 'uncles' if you like
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I have an ATA case for one of my mobos, was planning on getting another one soon along with an ATA case for my LT1000 so that was in the works anyway... a friend of mine owes me

also discovered that a snare ATA case is the perfect size for a DF-50
    Last edited by flecom; 05-06-2012 at 08:14.

We might be in, depending upon a work related trip.