Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 6: Aug 16 - 19 Sign up now!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Between you and I, we should have the covered anyway. (Gregs got three raw boards listed on eBay BTW.)
    The boards he has listed are the LFI versions I would highly recommend the LSDI version over them.

I was asking as It seems stupid for three people to bring full hd24 setups so I wanted to be sure Flecoms setup is complete.
    leading in trailing technology

Thumbs up

Heya, Chief -

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Jon;

Love the idea of running the laserium show for the school, but so far I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone in charge...Will stay in touch with you though as we get closer.
    Right-on.. lemme know, but I think, via Sir Murphy, we've 'got ya covered', either way... Even if not, you guys will prolly enjoy that show.. it's a 'hoot'. But, *someday*, I'd hope to bring a 'full-fledged' Laserium PJ out, and really 'open it up'.. nothing like having 6 scan-glasses + 10 lumia / fiber-fx posn's and 4 rail-lumia pos'ns at yer disposal.. makes for quite the 'orchestra'..

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    ..DZ's projector would be perfect for this sort of thing...
    Yeah, certainly 100x better than just '2x XY-pairs and a shot-glass'.. though, I guess that depends on what's in the shot-glass.. Will be keen to see vid, etc..

---
    Hey Cap'n -

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    @Jon - Should I mail you a drive?
    Nah, thanks, I think Sir Murph and I have got it werked-out.. I'd love to say I can just 'give the luv away', but.. No can-do.. But, perhaps I can 'donate' a couple of the yummier lumia-wheels / scan-glasses, for use with the sho.. and they can be 'door prizes', when-done...

---
    Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    The boards he has listed are the LFI versions I would highly recommend the LSDI version over them.
    Highly-seconded, and, fwiw, I do still-have about 3x of the 'raw' LSDI UGC cards / interface 'kits' (wired, plug n' play, just supply+/- 15V DC psu, and 'external-pots', if-desired..) left, and 1-2 'full' / rack-mount UGCs.. Really, they are an (imho) indispensable piece of kit, for any laserist, 'Pangoed', or not.. the rack-mounters just rock...

..will 'KIT', cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Well it looks like I may be coming!!!!!
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Do you have a UGC for each of your ADAT then so you can image 2 heads perfect on top of one another as will be needed for the laserium show?
    have a pair of AVI UGC's in a rack box, anyone want to help me adjust the 56 trim pots in this thing? lol

it has 2x UGC boards and a board labeled IAC2 board, not sure what that is?

has input trim adjustments and response/offset/gain adjustments for 4 channels (X/Y x2)

Quote Originally Posted by djmatt View Post
    Well it looks like I may be coming!!!!!
    That's better!

I'll be there
    I need to get my PayPal account in order but will send funds as soon as I can

Is anyone interested in my lexel 95 with a bad tube for $250?

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let you all know that I will be there.

For those interested in demonstrations, we'll be bringing our SafetyScan lenses (seen at past SELEM, but now formalized and in a nice case), along with some of our VRAD actuators -- both the GM20-sized model and also a new half-inch-round model, and some other goodies as well.

See you there!

Bill

Good to hear that . Still hoping on a Pangolin 2X shirt--lost 20 lbs so no longer wear 3X---c'mon on XL..

I will be going to see AixiZ folks next week- and again once more before leaving for SELEM- I will be more than happy to pick up anything AixiZ carries bring it to SELEM for COD. No tax or ship charges and there *may* be a SELEM discount-
    The more items on the SELEM 'shopping list' the greater the possiblilty I will get to N.C.
    I will not be making a single farthing on this but *Maybe* AixiZ can help me to get there. (hint hint)

So scan AixiZ.com-- & EekBay to look for anything you need. They still have adjustable analog 500 to 1W fan cooled ( (IIRC TEC also) 445 labs with small footprint and good warranty $199 delivered ( at SELEM)

If they have it & you want it it shall be done- bring cash please- big un-marked bills only--JK

that reminds me- I have a friend with a large amout of cash that somehow got purple dye all over it- any way to 'launder' it ---selling for 50 cent on the dollar- no questions asked( or answered)---jk

hak
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 07-14-2012 at 22:32.

Looks like I'm in for the quick trip to SELEM!

Up Friday, minimal gear (probably...), heading back Sunday.
    Snagged the last room at the Trotthouse.

I know the "big" dinner is Thursday PM - any plans for Friday PM?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I wasn't real sure if this should get posted here or in some other thread. I finally decided to just throw this in the SELEM thread, hope y'all don't mind!

Ok, this is regarding the graphics projector for the auditorium. I managed to get some things done and wanted to share how this projector works. If you want to run some graphics shows on this you might be able to use this information to augment your shows a bit. The 2nd scan head is currently tuned to 12K, this is going to change though. I managed to get back in touch with the person that designed this thing and he is going to provide me with the pot assignments as well as some modifications to the amp so that it will be able to do 18-24K. I've already added a differential front end to it to clean up the image a good bit, but the improved speed will help as well.

If you plan on running shows with your own DAC, this shouldn't be a problem at all, I have a manual way to open and close the shutter if your DAC doesn't support shutters. You can either run your shows on the 30K scan head or on the effect scan head (18-24K), the effects can be manually actuated via a small console. If you plan on providing the show on memory stick in the Pangolin format, the below information is how the projector will be configured. So if you have some shows to run, with some minor modifications you can take advantage of having the 2nd scan head and pre-program some effects on the timeline with the DMX frames below.

Zones:

1: Main Graphics (Scanner1) - This will almost perfectly overlay Zone 6
    2: Raster Graphics (Scanner1)
    3: Targeted Beams (Scanner1)
    4: Atmostpheric Effects (Scanner1)

6: Main Graphics (Scanner2) - This will almost perfectly overlay Zone 1
    7: Raster Graphics (Scanner2)
    8: Targeted Beams (Scanner2)
    9: Atmospheric Effects (Scanner2)

Effects:

There are 6 effects, 4 fixed and 2 rotary. The speed control is handled by the remote box and the effects are actuated either via DMX commands on Showtime timeline or with pushbutton switches on the remote. I've attached the frames if you want to set anything up ahead of time, just drop a frame in place on the timeline where you want the effect to pop in and place a "reset track" when finished. These DMX frame don't output anything to the scanners, just DMX commands via the QM2K. If you want to add some lumia, you will want to create a frame and set it for zone 6, then add around 3 dots on the screen, same color or a mix. You will want to make sure the dots consist of around two to three hundred points and make sure you "eliminate blanking jumps". For lumia the dots can remain stationary or you can add a rotate to them on the timeline. That's prett much it. The lumia and one diffraction are on wheels, the rest are fixed. They can be turned on in any combination, all at once or one at a time. Here's a pic of all the effects:

Attachment 32340Attachment 32341Attachment 32342Attachment 32343Attachment 32344Attachment 32345

And here are the DMX frames:

Attachment 32346

edit - both scan heads are now running on Turbo Track amps and tuned for 30K!
    Cool - looking forward to plugging in to this and playing with the effects rig!!

Couple of questions for the stage setup:

* Will the left / right beam projectors be mirrored off the same controller, or on separate controllers?

* Any problem adding another QM.net to the mix for a center beam projector, below and in front of the screen?
    Still thinking about adding some low-level beam bounces with my X-Laser...
    Last edited by Stuka; 07-16-2012 at 18:13.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....