Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 6: Aug 16 - 19 Sign up now!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I think you need to plan to fly to CarribLEM too..!.. and take me as a passenger. and whatever other smiley it takes!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Adam,
    It looks like I won't be able to make it to SELEM this year. Now that I'm working and have money flowing again I am planning to take time off over Lobor Day weekend to fly my plane down from Ohio to Florida. As you know I've been waiting for this for a long time. I dont' have the time available or the finances to do both. I would move the flight to another time, but things have already been planned and put into motion. Ian did a great job with the sample plastic name tag he made last year. Maybe he can take over this year. Ian what do you think? I can provide him with all of my file and graphics if needed.

Chris

BTW I plan to fly to SELEM 2013 and possibly the next FLEM.
    Looks like SELEM will be Spaghetti-less this year.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by massivesound View Post
    Sounds good! I always roll with the wii controller setup... it's improved now with dual control to two FB3s through Beyond!
    Very cool, Brad! Really looking forward to seeing that setup in action. Would you be willing to show some folks how it's done? I think there would be more than a few interested folks...
    I may be able to help with the windows... black felt or blankets with some gaff usually does the trick cheaply and nicely.
    Sounds great to me! I'll get a count of the windows and the dimensions from Reggie.
    I was basically volunteering a smaller sound system for the cafeteria, since Mario's system is larger. I'll contact him and see if he needs any additional equipment. It would also be great if the club/DJ room was more accessible to other DJs... I'm no prodj but I'd love to play some music at clubSELEM this year, and I'm sure others would as well =)
    Super idea! Please coordinate with Mario and see what you two can come up with. I love the idea of "guest" DJ's! That would be really cool if you can make it accessible to several different people...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Oooooo...... just had a thought! Does "cafeteria" mean "commercial kitchen??"
    I don't think so Brad, but I will ask and get back to you here in this thread.
    It looks like I won't be able to make it to SELEM this year.
    Boooo! Hiss!

Sigh, I understand about not having the time though. You will be sorely missed dude. (Let me know if you change your mind though!)
    Ian did a great job with the sample plastic name tag he made last year. Maybe he can take over this year. Ian what do you think? I can provide him with all of my file and graphics if needed.
    That would be great if he's planning on attending. I haven't heard from him yet though. (Will need someone to take over the waivers and the lanyards, and I'm sure Ian would do just fine.)
    No point in flying to FLEM when it's less than an hour drive, dude. But flying to SELEM 2013 sounds like a lot of fun! Keep me posted.
    I think you need to plan to fly to CarribLEM too..!.. and take me as a passenger.
    I don't think his bird has the legs to make the over-water stretch in one hop, so he'd probably have to make a stop or two. Plus it would be an international flight, and over water at that, so it's probably not very practical.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Looks like SELEM will be Spaghetti-less this year.
    Can't make it Gary? That sucks... But I know you've been busy and all. We probably will have a couple other spaghetti users present though. (Picked up a couple new guys last year, and I remember some of them were running your software.) Still, it would be better if you were there! Let me know if things change...

Adam

I think you need to plan to fly to CarribLEM too..!.. and take me as a passenger. and whatever other smiley it takes!
    It is possible to make a flight like that in my plane, but not very practical. My plane is only a 2 seater and flys at 100 mph so it would take quite a while to get there, but getting there is half the fun when you fly yourself.
    I won't be flying to CarribLEM, but I will offer up rides to anyone at the 2013 SELEM and the next FLEM. Yes I still will fly there Adam even though it is only an hour drive. Like I said getting there is half the fun. Besides I can turn a 1 hour drive into a 20 min fllight.
    BTW This is my plane.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 007.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	32117

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I've flown one like that.

The license is still on the "bucket list" but, I've had some lessons.

Adam,
    It looks like I won't be able to make it to SELEM this year. Now that I'm working and have money flowing again I am planning to take time off over Lobor Day weekend to fly my plane down from Ohio to Florida. As you know I've been waiting for this for a long time. I dont' have the time available or the finances to do both. I would move the flight to another time, but things have already been planned and put into motion. Ian did a great job with the sample plastic name tag he made last year. Maybe he can take over this year. Ian what do you think? I can provide him with all of my file and graphics if needed.

Chris

You'll be missed but enjoy your time with the big toy.
    leading in trailing technology

It is possible to make a flight like that in my plane, but not very practical. My plane is only a 2 seater and flys at 100 mph so it would take quite a while to get there, but getting there is half the fun when you fly yourself.
    I won't be flying to CarribLEM, but I will offer up rides to anyone at the 2013 SELEM and the next FLEM. Yes I still will fly there Adam even though it is only an hour drive. Like I said getting there is half the fun. Besides I can turn a 1 hour drive into a 20 min fllight.
    BTW This is my plane.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 007.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	32117
    Ah, the memories -
    Full flap landings in Cessna 152's

TOO fun - awesome "toy" you have there!,
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Do you know will the main Graphics projector support RGBB?

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Do you know will the main Graphics projector support RGBB?
    The graphics projector will be running R, Y, G, B, Cy, Db.

Will you be running the shows from your DAC? If not, the main graphics projector has 2 scan heads driven by 2 QM2k's. The main graphics scan head is 30K and the effects scan head is 12K with 6 DMX effects controlled by the timeline.

I'm still working out the details and will post them when finalized. Once that's done, if you have a show to run on the QM2K and want to add lumia to certain parts, it will be just as easy as dropping a frame on the timeline with a different zone (assigned to the effects scan head) and adding a DMX frame. Both scan head will receive the same amount of power from the laser since the unpolarized beam is being split by a pbs cube and both scan heads have an 8 channel pcaom. I'm guessing there will be about 2-2.5W out of each scan head.

Not sure if it will work for what I was thinking completely but some will it sounds like, I have a bunch of stuff, all HD24 based now much easier than rolling multi ADATs. Some are dual head 30K shows where they need to be converge over each perfect, some are dual head where they are offset graphics and atmospherics(sounds like these will work as there is no imagery on second head). Some are single head RGBB (these seem like they will work can;t wait to see what i might be missing as sometimes the second B is modulated when nothing else is) I also have the third bank channel 17~24 TTL controlling my RGB beam table (obviously this part is stand alone to my equipment).

/me needs to get a scan through, i am sure once i see yours it will be next to be added. Good thing I can multiplex the lines on the 3rd bank and decode them

just saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk_eGxVtvNI that is a work of art DZ

Oh yeah and payment sent for SELEM
    Last edited by polishedball; 05-20-2012 at 08:50.