Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 6: Aug 16 - 19 Sign up now!

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    sounds like the consensus is we will never reach a consensus
    Not sure why you are saying that. I am seeing a lot of agreement in this thread. Not everyone has the exact same idea but there is some commonality and that's a start. The way I see it is that either things get organized or it will continue to fizzle.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Have no idea how big these are going to be on upload but, here's what I meant by the scaffold:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scaffold.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	34537

And for the layout, this is similar to what I do in my ballroom which is not quite twice the size of the cafeteria. I could bring several trees with a mixture of various lights - intelligent, DMX, LED, halogen, effect laser etc.

Name:	club selem.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	301.1 KB 
ID:	34538

Just a thought.

TY laserjock-- I really enjoyed taking those 'mug shots' I wanted to do everybody that was there but ran out of energy.. I also was hoping for some group shots and more pics that were about the parts of the events other than the lasershows. One strong suggestion.. a scheduled time for the door prize drawing- make some signs- post them and stick to that time.. a few were quite peeved that they were not present when thier names were called.
    I will say this again- coax/beg/plead etc to get a fellow forum member to make SELEM 2013 his (or hers) first.

And we sure have room for more guests-- especially the ladies.

I have flown once-- yeah I arrived rested but I still like the idea of a four way split on gas- arrive VERY early Thur. time to help set-up and get a good nights sleep- who cares how tired they are when they get back home-
    I have driven twice- once (accidently) solo( that sucked) and once with another 'person' ( no comment of that )
    So I speak from experience- driving is cheaper and better(barring any speeding tickets) a small trailer for gear and shared times behind the wheel IMO is the way to go. no need for a rental car and we had five in our suite this year so $112 split 5 ways is a damn cheap lodging cost- plus a free breakfast-- and a full kitchen in each suite--

just my dos centavos solo

Hak

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    - plus a free breakfast-
    Yep, including those "light and fluffy" pancakes... via the pancake bot

Name:	pancake bot.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	34541
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

I call those 'one-bite' pancakes- as just one bite is all you need..lol
    they have to be the worst pancakes ever. thankfully the rest is a bit better.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you've just started the robot revolution and doomed humanity. i hope you're happy.

I call those 'one-bite' pancakes- as just one bite is all you need..lol
    they have to be the worst pancakes ever. thankfully the rest is a bit better.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

It was only a matter of time-- I think the ATM's will lead the charge - our pins will no longer work and our savings will vanish.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that already happened to me!

It was only a matter of time-- I think the ATM's will lead the charge - our pins will no longer work and our savings will vanish.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

They had the waffles at the Best Western. They were quite good. But, otherwise, the breakfast at the Holiday Inn is better.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

As I sit here this morning looking at some of the video I took in Club SELEM again, I'm coming around to the fact that it was pretty cool. I think with a years planing, and another year of people aquiring and building projectors, we can make that a knock yer socks off space.

I'll try to post the two vids I have, as I want to know what the music was in one of them - it was in the early Saturday morning "sleepy, start to the day" period. I'm pretty sure it was either buffo's or ragdolls.