Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 6: Aug 16 - 19 Sign up now!

Smile

Great feedback so far folks. I really appreciate it.

Brad: Your idea for the layout in "Club SELEM" is more or less exactly what I was talking about. The control stations need to be in the back of the house, directly opposite the laser projectors. Not sure if we have enough of the "T" stands for all the extra lights (we only had 2 set up, and your drawing shows 6 - do we need that many?), but everything else looks just right.

We definitely need to have a schedule. So regardless of what happens next year, I'm going to set the time for certain events in stone right now. For example: Door Prizes will be done Saturday night at 8 PM. Period. I'll make up a sign and post it when I arrive on Thursday. That might be the only thing on it (Door prizes), but at least it's a start. As we get closer to next year's event, I should be able to fill out the schedule some more with times for presentations and such.

As for a schedule of what is going on inside the auditorium or the cafeteria, that's going to be more difficult. I might just put "generic shows" down, and leave it up to each individual to poke their head inside and see what's running. For sure Club-SELEM will always be more chaotic, but this year the auditorium didn't have a schedule either. We'll see if that can be improved.

Regarding the lousy waffles at the Holiday Inn, if you guys had booked a room at the Trotthouse you could have had blueberry crepes, sausage, egg & cheese breakfast casserole, or banana-nut belgian waffles for breakfast! (Ann Steadman, the innkeeper, is an awesome cool. She's also the mayor of Newton, btw.) This year it was just Randy and me at the ol' Trotthouse.

Telmnstr: Did you have your i-pod hooked up to the sound system in the cafeteria while you were shooting the "club-SELEM during setup" video you posted above? Reason I ask is that I don't recognize the mix; I thought it might have been one of Mario's songs, but he wasn't spinning for us until well after we had finished the setup in that room...

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Here are the links to two of my vids. I REALLY want to know the two pieces of music playing in the first video... the guitar piece and then the second song that come on. Hopefully buffo or Mario know and can poit me in the right direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZYtZ_GQY_E

And the other one I already know is Mario mixing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxg8n...hannel&list=UL

Oh, and yes, I have 7 - 12' T stands and 2 of the 10' trusses with crank stands and plenty of lights to put on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Here are the links to two of my vids. I REALLY want to know the two pieces of music playing in the first video... the guitar piece and then the second song that come on. Hopefully buffo or Mario know and can poit me in the right direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZYtZ_GQY_E

And the other one I already know is Mario mixing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxg8n...hannel&list=UL

Oh, and yes, I have 7 - 12' T stands and 2 of the 10' trusses with crank stands and plenty of lights to put on them.
    SoundHound says:

First song is Eric Johnson "Song for George".
    Second song is Jan Hammer "Windows".

Gotta' luvs iPhones and iTunes!!

Definite potential with those songs ....
    Last edited by Stuka; 09-04-2012 at 14:17.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Regarding the lousy waffles at the Holiday Inn, if you guys had booked a room at the Trotthouse you could have had blueberry crepes, sausage, egg & cheese breakfast casserole, or banana-nut belgian waffles for breakfast! (Ann Steadman, the innkeeper, is an awesome cool. She's also the mayor of Newton, btw.) This year it was just Randy and me at the ol' Trotthouse.
    Adam
    Double thumbs-up for the Trotthouse!
    Ann is an AWESOME gourmet cook, and a very friendly - and patient - lady!
    (And the proximity to the venue is a nice plus!!)

Fourth year staying there, and planning the same for the return trips to SELEM...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    That's me!

Randy beat me to it, but yeah, those were songs I had on loop-play. I often use them for "intro music" when people are entering a venue for a gig. (Not like a nightclub gig, but one where folks actually sit down and watch.)

The first one is indeed "Song for George", by Eric Johnson. It's from Ah Via Musicom, circa 1990. The second piece is Jan Hammer's "Windows", from the "Beyond the Minds Eye" soundtrack, circa 1992.

And Brad, you should already have both of these songs in your collection. Better check those folders on that external drive again!
    Well, if you think it will work in that room, we can certainly set more lights up! So long as you're willing to bring all that gear, that is. Let's discuss further when we're chilling on the beach at Carrib-LEM this winter!

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Gentleman, thank you. I will certainly check the drive now that I know what I'm looking for. Great pieces of music and, very fitting for the time of day that morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Double thumbs-up for the Trotthouse!
    Ann is an AWESOME gourmet cook, and a very friendly - and patient - lady!
    (And the proximity to the venue is a nice plus!!)

Fourth year staying there, and planning the same for the return trips to SELEM...
    but then you miss the epic lols that happen at the HIE meeting room

(Late reply) I didn't have any audio devices hooked up. I'm pretty sure it was Mario's.

Good times, and fun thinking about how many people at the LEM share common hobbies, weather it's diving or pinball machines or whatever.

Good times.

Anyone take videos of Mike Dunn and DZ playing out live over the show to some of the Metallica tracks?
    leading in trailing technology