Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 6: Aug 16 - 19 Sign up now!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    For the auditorium main stage, how much open "floor" space should we have available between the base of the screen and edge of the stage?
    The screen rolls down right in front of the main curtain at the proscenium. I think there is about 9 feet of stage floor in front of this, but since the stage apron is curved, it is only that wide at the very front. I would estimate that it's less than 6 ft wide at the ends...

If you want to use this space for mirror bounces or floor lights, by all means do it.

Adam

Hey hey!!!
    count me in!!!
    The Ion train is coming to town!!!!
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

I wasn't real sure if this should get posted here or in some other thread. I finally decided to just throw this in the SELEM thread, hope y'all don't mind!

Ok, this is regarding the graphics projector for the auditorium. I managed to get some things done and wanted to share how this projector works. If you want to run some graphics shows on this you might be able to use this information to augment your shows a bit. The 2nd scan head is currently tuned to 12K, this is going to change though. I managed to get back in touch with the person that designed this thing and he is going to provide me with the pot assignments as well as some modifications to the amp so that it will be able to do 18-24K. I've already added a differential front end to it to clean up the image a good bit, but the improved speed will help as well.

If you plan on running shows with your own DAC, this shouldn't be a problem at all, I have a manual way to open and close the shutter if your DAC doesn't support shutters. You can either run your shows on the 30K scan head or on the effect scan head (18-24K), the effects can be manually actuated via a small console. If you plan on providing the show on memory stick in the Pangolin format, the below information is how the projector will be configured. So if you have some shows to run, with some minor modifications you can take advantage of having the 2nd scan head and pre-program some effects on the timeline with the DMX frames below.

Zones:

1: Main Graphics (Scanner1) - This will almost perfectly overlay Zone 6
    2: Raster Graphics (Scanner1)
    3: Targeted Beams (Scanner1)
    4: Atmostpheric Effects (Scanner1)

6: Main Graphics (Scanner2) - This will almost perfectly overlay Zone 1
    7: Raster Graphics (Scanner2)
    8: Targeted Beams (Scanner2)
    9: Atmospheric Effects (Scanner2)

Effects:

There are 6 effects, 4 fixed and 2 rotary. The speed control is handled by the remote box and the effects are actuated either via DMX commands on Showtime timeline or with pushbutton switches on the remote. I've attached the frames if you want to set anything up ahead of time, just drop a frame in place on the timeline where you want the effect to pop in and place a "reset track" when finished. These DMX frame don't output anything to the scanners, just DMX commands via the QM2K. If you want to add some lumia, you will want to create a frame and set it for zone 6, then add around 3 dots on the screen, same color or a mix. You will want to make sure the dots consist of around two to three hundred points and make sure you "eliminate blanking jumps". For lumia the dots can remain stationary or you can add a rotate to them on the timeline. That's prett much it. The lumia and one diffraction are on wheels, the rest are fixed. They can be turned on in any combination, all at once or one at a time. Here's a pic of all the effects:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0059.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	32340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	32341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0062.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	32342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	32343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0064.jpg 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	32344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0068.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	32345

And here are the DMX frames:

DMX Effects.lds

edit - both scan heads are now running on Turbo Track amps and tuned for 30K!
    Last edited by DZ; 07-06-2012 at 22:00.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    There are 6 effects, 4 fixed and 2 rotary. The speed control is handled by the remote box and the effects are actuated either via DMX commands on Showtime timeline or with pushbutton switches on the remote. I've attached the frames if you want to set anything up ahead of time, just drop a frame in place on the timeline where you want the effect to pop in and place a "reset track" when finished. These DMX frame don't output anything to the scanners, just DMX commands via the QM2K. If you want to add some lumia, you will want to create a frame and set it for zone 6, then add around 3 dots on the screen, same color or a mix. You will want to make sure the dots consist of around two to three hundred points and make sure you "eliminate blanking jumps". For lumia the dots can remain stationary or you can add a rotate to them on the timeline. That's prett much it. The lumia and one diffraction are on wheels, the rest are fixed. They can be turned on in any combination, all at once or one at a time. Here's a pic of all the effects:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0059.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	32340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	32341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0062.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	32342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	32343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0064.jpg 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	32344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0068.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	32345

And here are the DMX frames:

DMX Effects.lds
    Way jelly of this, it is exactly what I need to build for some of my shows. They call for an effects head on the scanner, but have not gotten one yet.
    leading in trailing technology

Awesome! If there's any other info you might need please ask. I *just* got this all going today. I sat down and reprogrammed some effects into the kryptonite show, took about an hour, and everything worked like I had hoped. I want to try and reprogram a bunch of stuff I have in time for SELEM, but I also need to balance that with working on some type of enclosure for the projector.

Also let me know what you need as far as power destro,cords,lights, DMX,and now sound!!
    Just picked up 2 18inch Behringer subs with Peavey 1600watt Black Widows in them,with a 2400 watt amp.!!
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Well, guys, I know this would have only been my 3rd year, but I'm going to have to miss this year. I'm currently unemployed, and funds are tight, and I may be lucky enough to get an acting job in Chapel Hill that would mean I would be rehearsing at about the same time as SELEM. I know there will be many pictures and videos for me to enjoy though!

-Newlin

Greetz fellow SELEMers

Just sent an invite to the good Dr Sam. I think we all can agree that having him attend again this year would be great.

Anyone wishing to add to both the invitation to him and a little extra donation to help cover the expenses involved may PM me for his addy if you dont have it and once we get comfirmation of his acceptance a fund wil be set up to add whatever you can. Your extra donation should be sent to Adam. We will need volunteers to
    provide Sam with a ride to and from SELEM(that alone is a super donation--last year Brad and Alex(mariomaster) provided the rides-TY guys.

If you check Sam's classified ads and see something you like (a small item please) you may be able to buy with cash and in person. Sam will bring your item with him to SELEM.. He offers a warranty(within reason) on almost everything he sells,... you need only to cover the shipping costs.

WE already have a thread about getting Sam to SELEM last year so I will bring it back to life so Sam can read our thoughts about him attending again this year. thanks for reading and I hope to see you (and Sam) at 2012 SELEM 6.

thanks buffo for all your hard work..

Len

Quote Originally Posted by djmatt View Post
    Hey hey!!!
    count me in!!!
    The Ion train is coming to town!!!!
    I'm in also,

and djmatt (or anyone else for that matter), Ive got an Argon I'd like help with seeing what is wrong with it, won't fire

will send payment in next couple weeks.

BTW when do we need to have payment in by?

Quote Originally Posted by icecruncher View Post
    I'm in also,

and djmatt (or anyone else for that matter), Ive got an Argon I'd like help with seeing what is wrong with it, won't fire
    What kind is it?
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt