Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Light Converse?

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    ...the firewall is set to let both LC and Beyond transmit on the private network.
    You should try turning the firewall off. In general, I won't connect production/show equipment to the Internet, so would not need anti-virus and firewalls. They can tend to get in the way and make PCs unreliable in a real-time context like shows.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    You should try turning the firewall off. In general, I won't connect production/show equipment to the Internet, so would not need anti-virus and firewalls. They can tend to get in the way and make PCs unreliable in a real-time context like shows.
    Agreed. If you have a router, you are behind a firewall anyway which makes a software based firewall redundant and meddlesome. Also, shutting it off in the security center won't always disable it completely. You will need to also stop the firewall service from running. Best to disable the firewall via services.msc
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Done but still no input.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Also, how are you handling the laser power?
    ....if you happen to know the luminosity.
    Sounds like a job for...

- There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

I must admit I haven't played with it yet; I need to work more in BEYOND and QS first. I would do a bit of searching on our forum and if you can't find anything hit Bill up, he should be able to help or point you in the right direction.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Sounds like a job for...
    Possibly apart from on luminosity Chroma and LC are a world apart comparing the generic laser which makes me wonder if Chroma is calculating Lumens / m2 and LC lumens per beam ie 3mm2. As Tocket isn't around, can't ask him. Generic laser in LC (unspecified wattage) 39,000 lumens approx. A couple of watts in chroma = 8 or 900 lumens. Strongly suspect the measured densities are different.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I must admit I haven't played with it yet; I need to work more in BEYOND and QS first. I would do a bit of searching on our forum and if you can't find anything hit Bill up, he should be able to help or point you in the right direction.
    Yeah thanks Aaron. I've emailed Bill and aslo re-asked on the LC forums as the OEM Demo version gives output. Same apparent settings in the full version, no output. Wonder if there's a bug or just if there's another setting thats not obvious thats in a different default state in the full version to OEM. All a mystery at the moment which is a shame because I've done a very good model of my carport area, that being the area I can visualise best.
    Last edited by White-Light; 05-16-2012 at 23:41.

Partial result, LC have asked me to upload my universe so they can take a direct look. Hopefully the problem can now be solved...

Hi,

I have used LC with Pangolin for many years and it works very good.
    Have you enabled LC i Beyond view, se picture enclosed and the IP range is the same?
    Turn of the firewall on the LC computer as it can block the signal from Pangolin.
    You have turned on the fixture you are using as a laser, dimmer chanel etc?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beyond -LC.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	462.5 KB 
ID:	32108
    Last edited by Aage; 05-17-2012 at 02:00.

Hi Aage,

Thanks and yes.

I have the LC symbol bottom left and I've clicked on it to start sending packets.

Packets are definitely being sent and ArtNetominator is detecting the Beyond transmission not the LC's.

Default re

Have you tried to change the input to 2 in the laser setup?
    se picture enclosed.
    What kind of dongle are you using?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LC - laser.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	758.3 KB 
ID:	32113