Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Light Converse?

White-Light, Aage -

I appreciate the feedback!
    I am definitely interested in using this strictly as a visualizer with my existing software (no external console hardware), and on a fairly small-scale basis, so I'm hoping the Pangolin OEM version would work for me.

I would like to find out if DMX cues in Beyond can also trigger fixtures in LC without additional hardware requirements - or if there is someway to make that work through other software (Especially since the LC interfaces would double the cost of the package I would hope to use).

I will definitely run this by Pangolin, but if you guys have any more insight into ways to possibly make this work your ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

OK -

I'm starting to play around with the Pangolin demo and Beyond, and I have to say, this is VERY cool!!

One thing still has me perplexed -
    How do you get LC to respond to the Pangolin LD2000 apps (ShowTime, Lasershow Designer)?
    Last edited by Stuka; 07-28-2012 at 16:55.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

=Stuka;238330]OK -

I'm starting to play around with the Pangolin demo and Beyond, and I have to say, this is VERY cool!!

One thing still has me perplexed -
    How do you get LC to respond to the Pangolin LD2000 apps (ShowTime, Lasershow Designer)?
    You use the LC-Gateway, you will find this in your LD2000 folder.
    se picture of it enclosed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LC gateway.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	34003[

Cool - thanks!!!!
    RR

Sweet.....

Hi White- Light
    I am Chad from South Africa and also new here on these forums. I came across your issue with LC & Beyond as I am also having issues communicating between the 2.
    I have LD 2000 Pro and used the LC Player to output in LC and it worked fine, in my LC I created a mock-up using 3 x Projectors. I get output on all 3 using LCPlayer
    and the demo shows provided.
    My problem is with Beyond and LC, I have everything in LC setup correctly, in Beyond I have activated external preview with LC. I have also setup my projectors under
    the advanced tab in projection zone settings as my shows normally use 3 x projectors? I dont know if the issue is caused by me running both programs on the same PC?
    I have the most up to date version of Beyond, using 1 x QM.net and 2 x FB3.
    If you have any advice for me on how to get these two programs to communicate I would really appreciate it.

Hi Chad,

If you have one of the latest Beyond versions, you can no longer connect.

The protocol has changed and the developer of LC has refused to alter LC, so LC is effectively dead in the water from a Beyond pov.

I'm not sure what build the change happened but I'm sure it was after the dialogue that mentions Depence and Capture Polar as well appeared as there was a standardisation of protocol I think to enable easy connection of many external softwares.

Hi White-light
    Thanks for your response, can't say I'm very happy with that! I spent quite a bit of time getting to know the software and creating 3D mock-ups. I was looking forward to using this especially with clients that want a demo before hiring. So any idea what will be the alternative for creating demo stage/trussing/screens? I know beyond has a pretty decent realistic preview but can't create a 3D environment?
    Really hope the guys from Pangolin and LC could have a fix for this, would be such a waste if not.

I'm 99.9% sure it won't get fixed.

Depence V3D and Capture Polar are your current alternatives to LC. From memory there's one of these alternatives that will only work with Nvidea Graphics cards so be careful which you look at.

Just an update, I was speaking to Bill this morning, it seems that LC is now being fixed after all.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Just an update, I was speaking to Bill this morning, it seems that LC is now being fixed after all.
    Great News!
    So LC will come With a update soon?