Thread: LaserWorld USA

Default LaserWorld USA

Two guys in NY are now trying to sell LaserWorld stuff as "LaserWorld USA" with email addresses from the main company. They seem like legit reps of the company. They were recommended to me by Justin at Pangolin, which made this more of a surprise.

I'm afraid they didn't know what they were talking about. I had to teach them how to use their own systems. They didn't know what an ILDA cable was (they asked to cancel our first meeting because they couldn't find one), nor, as far as I know, did their projectors have any paperwork.

Which may (hopefully) have been the excuse for why they showed me a nice RGB projector (and had me spend two hours testing and examining it), and then two weeks later, when I drove backup up to NY to pick it up, they tried to give me a much cheaper projector for the same price. When I protested, they offered me the original projector for three times the price!!!

Their justification for the "replacement" was that I had asked about fuzziness around their red beam, so they got me a projector with a "better" red beam. Wow.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergy View Post
    Two guys in NY are now trying to sell LaserWorld stuff...nor, as far as I know, did their projectors have any paperwork.
    As a NYS Class B Licensed Op, since 1995, I have the 'duty' to report these scum to NYS DOSH. Please PM me with their contact info / address, ph. number and what 'models' they are selling. I will contact NYS on Tues. (the officer in-charge of initiating something on this is out on Mon.) and pursue this - at least getting them on NYS-radar.. If the FDA will do nothing about these vermin, maybe we can get NYS ticked-off at them / take some action.

You will remain totally anonymous. ..Unless, of course, you choose to 'join the battle' I will welcome any / all input about them / their practices, relative to selling ILLEGAL projectors in the US ..unless they can PROVE otherwise, ie: approved manufacturers Var's, found in the Fed. Register, or a clear approval letter - 'Accession #'s mean jack-*t.

If these guys don't even know what an ILDA cable is, they sure as heck aren't likely to be training their buyers in proper safety-practices, let alone NYS Regs, let alone ensuring each buyer HAS a performance-Variance. (..I'll go ahead and assume these were not '5mW' systems?..) And SHAME ON PANGOLIN, if, indeed, they are turning people to purchase from an ILLEGAL PROJECTOR Co., much-less clearly-inept 'dealers', such as you describe. THESE THINGS ARE NOT FRIGGING VIDEO PROJECTORS, PEOPLE!!!!!!

Thanks for the report, please let me know.
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergy View Post
    Two guys in NY are now trying to sell LaserWorld stuff as "LaserWorld USA" with email addresses from the main company. They seem like legit reps of the company. They were recommended to me by Justin at Pangolin, which made this more of a surprise.

I'm afraid they didn't know what they were talking about. I had to teach them how to use their own systems. They didn't know what an ILDA cable was (they asked to cancel our first meeting because they couldn't find one), nor, as far as I know, did their projectors have any paperwork.

Which may (hopefully) have been the excuse for why they showed me a nice RGB projector (and had me spend two hours testing and examining it), and then two weeks later, when I drove backup up to NY to pick it up, they tried to give me a much cheaper projector for the same price. When I protested, they offered me the original projector for three times the price!!!

Their justification for the "replacement" was that I had asked about fuzziness around their red beam, so they got me a projector with a "better" red beam. Wow.
    If you didn't buy one, might I point you in the direction of Marc at CT lasers.

He'll be able to hook you up with something legal - either one of his own designs or a Kvant with US paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Kvant with US paperwork.
    These are not certified?

??
    leading in trailing technology

^ the model line is not certified. But I can do a "one off" certification. Many KVANTS have been certified for use here.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Humm.... really? Any Spectrum 1.6's or, is it only the rumoured larger case/higher powered Kvants?

I dont know. But remember, they were "1 off" certifications. In other words, Joe Smith bought one, and certified it as a "Joe Smith RGB Laser" As of right now, there is no certified model family of KVANTS. Meaning no complete line or power level already certified.

If you or anyone is interested in purchasing a *certified* KVANT PM me, call me or Email me as I dont want to detract from this thread. And Brad- just so you know, i did not forget your beam table. I am still waiting on 3 relays for the board. this has prett ymuch been a head to toe rebuild. lol- been problem after problem after problem after problem. I was ready to just give you your money back.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    As of right now, there is no certified model family of KVANTS. Meaning no complete line or power level already certified.
    Sort-of true.

A US 'Importer of record' HAS-GOTTEN - according to them - "verbal approval" on specifically, the 15W chassis-models they submitted, which, as I-understand, can have anything from 5W's up-to about 20W of laser-power, 'under the hood'. This DOES NOT-MEAN, that 'all Kvant products / PJs are 'now-approved'. Each Kv PJ 'out there' still must-be brought into compliance, with the specifications of the certification, and that Certification is for what Models / powers that Co. filed-for, ONLY. ie: Lower than 5W-models, have a different chassis / layout, and must be brought-into compliance / submittted on their-own, for consideration of being 'amended' to that PJ-lines' approval...

..Which, btw, is NOT FOUND under "Kvant" or "Spectrum" or any-other of Kvant's brand-names.. Meaning, if you apply for a Var - or 'amend' your existing - with "Kvant XYZ", it will likely get-bounced / they won't 'find it in the DB'...The 'approved' models will be known as the "Spectrabeam" PJ-line, under-which existing-approved-PJ line, they were filed... I don't feel it's my-place to go posting that Co's Variance / info - 'public-info' or not - but you can find info about the Co, in the Fed Register, and call them up / inquire about their 'status' if you like, yourself. They said they were 'still waiting on the final sign-offs' / hard-paper, etc - which was ~February, '12, so.. they should have the paper, by-now...

So, to sum-up: "Spectrabeam" 'something-somethings' - which are actually Kvant Spectrums, under the hood, with certain mods done (ie: emission-LEDs / shutters, etc) to meet the specs of the certification, as-submitted, CAN be bought / used here in the US, Certified. And, again, as I-understand, this is for the 15W 'chassis', which can have anything from 5W's up-to about 20W of laser-power, under the hood. No, you cannot buy these direct from Kvant. No, no one else should-be importing Kvant PJs into this Country, for introduction into commerce. Yes, Marc can do a fine-job of bringing your existing Kv-PJ into compliance / submitting for you.

This is very-similar to what LSDI did with the 'RGB Line'. They had the OEM make them 'compliant', before they land, and LSDI did the 'last-mile' certification. But, if you want to buy / use an 'RGB Lasersystems Compact-series', for-example, here in the US, a) you can't buy them direct from 'RGB' in Hungary, b) when you amend your Var to add one, it's no-longer called the 'RGB Compact XXX' - it's the 'LSDI Mid-Series', such-and-so. Likewise, if you wish to buy a "Kvant Spectrum XXX", you can't ('legally') but, you can-buy a 'Spectrabeam XXX', from that particular-Importer / certifier.

Anyhoo, that's what I know.. In any case, Laserworld PJs - unless, they've recently-managed to gain certification for some of the 'RTi-line' or 'Swisslas' line that they 'bought-out' ALL THEIR CHIJECTOR CACA-BOXES ARE ILLEGAL IN THE US. I'll happily stand-corrected, if I can-be...

Now, back to the 'Lasermold NY gonna get a spankin'-channel..
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 05-20-2012 at 21:54.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...