Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Has LSX been abandoned?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I'm not attempting to trivialize LSX or say Spaghetti is a drop in replacement for it. But, keep in mind that I built Spaghetti from the ground up. There is no philosophy behind it that I can't change because I AM the philosophy of Spaghetti. If you are happy with LSX then by all means stay with it. My post was aimed at those who are not happy with it or with Andrew and might want to try something else. I stand by what I said in my post.
    I have heard about Spaghetti... The main thing for me is being able to create shows in the .ild format, which is why Pangolin won't be getting my money for it's software anytime soon, since I've been informed that there will no longer be workings in .ild format for created content... Plus, the price tag is WAAAAY too high...

Would love to play around with a demo version of Spaghetti if one exists... Gotta figure out where the Spaghetti website is...

The thing that's sad is, I've been emailing Dr. Lava for awhile now with no response/no reply, either on the forums or either of the email addresses I have... I love the affordability of LSX but will probably never part with the cash to do so because he can't even answer his email...

But regardless, I do hope things get straightened out with the LSX issues very soon, but can't see anything changing... I agree that if you take someone's money, you should send out their product in a timely fashion... NO amount of excuses cut it with me for making people wait unreasonably long periods of time after we work hard for our money and don't even get the courtesy of a response... Businesses should ALWAYS respect their customers, and since he is selling software and other things, he is, though small, a business... You have a baby? Good for you! I know a single mom who is owner and also full time worker in a restaurant... It takes 5 seconds to bang out an email reply to someone... No excuses... I'm a busy man too; I do a weekly online radio show, run a music magazine AND work a 40 hour week... PLus, make time for a girlfried AND my 13 year old son who lives over 2 hours away... And I can still find time to send Dr. Lava emails and browse the forums... I can do it, what's his excuse? Does it take three months to move?!? I moved my entire apartment in ONE CAR in less than a week... Anyway... No malice intended here, I will say that it's great Dr. Lava created an affordable piece of laser software in a hobby that's seemingly dominated by Pangolin and extremely high prices... Maybe someday I'll be able to own LSX...

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post
    I have heard about Spaghetti... The main thing for me is being able to create shows in the .ild format, which is why Pangolin won't be getting my money for it's software anytime soon, since I've been informed that there will no longer be workings in .ild format for created content... Plus, the price tag is WAAAAY too high...

Would love to play around with a demo version of Spaghetti if one exists... Gotta figure out where the Spaghetti website is...
    A demo version is available at www.hingednewt.com. Just google Spaghetti Laser Show if you ever forget.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    A demo version is available at www.hingednewt.com. Just google Spaghetti Laser Show if you ever forget.
    Yeah dude, I downloaded the newest "older version," and tried to look at it, but seems like all the menu options were "greyed out"/disabled... I take it the download button on the latest Alpha version works, so I'mma try that... REALLY want to do content creation; most of what I could see with the older version looks like features I already utilize with Laser Show Composer that is a beautiful piece of "freeware" for stringing individual ild files and content together in one file to create shows... One HUGE drawback to Laser Show Composer I can see is it is impossible to mix ild files created in different formats: IE most of what you can manipulate and work with is .ild format 0; there's no way to combine or even look at formats 4 and 5...

I downloaded the alpha demo, so I'll take a look at that... Like I said, I know WHY people rave about LSX, and I wanna be able to do the same things as well, but I also am going to (at some point) need software that lets me animate and manipulate the movements of ild images... I've played around with some of the image manipulation schemes of LaserBoy; some work very well and are impressive, some don't work at all, and some seem to be weird variations on the same types of themes...

Okay, I took a look at the Spaghetti alpha "demo." It kinda looks like the earlier version; all I seem to be able to do is load in .ild images and look at them... No image manipulation, no way that I can see to output to .ild files, no image creation, nothing... Basically, Spaghetti seems to me to be another "look at your files and see them on the screen" type of thing... Without being able to see how images are manipulated and abstracts are created, I've already GOT the software that lets me do more than what I can see here...
    Last edited by VibrationsOfDoom; 08-16-2014 at 09:35. Reason: whoops!! word wrong...

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

...Laser Show Composer that is a beautiful piece of "freeware" for stringing individual ild files and content together in one file to create shows... One HUGE drawback to Laser Show Composer I can see is it is impossible to mix ild files created in different formats: IE most of what you can manipulate and work with is .ild format 0; there's no way to combine or even look at formats 4 and 5...
    What is this Laser Show Composer you speak of? I haven't heard of it before and a google search didn't reveal anything.
    If you want to convert v4/5 to v0 I suggest you look at this: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...325#post291325 (make sure to grab the link in the last post as the link in the first post has a bug that produces faulty ilda files which might or might not load depending on the program).

Okay, I took a look at the Spaghetti alpha "demo." It kinda looks like the earlier version; all I seem to be able to do is load in .ild images and look at them... No image manipulation, no way that I can see to output to .ild files, no image creation, nothing... Basically, Spaghetti seems to me to be another "look at your files and see them on the screen" type of thing... Without being able to see how images are manipulated and abstracts are created, I've already GOT the software that lets me do more than what I can see here...
    Sounds like you downloaded the regular version instead of the demo version. The regular version doesn't do much without a license. The demo lets you do everything except output to hardware and save files. There is a demo download button on the page. If you have any questions about the capabilities you can ask me since I am the author.

try this, it should be similar (branch of LDS) http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ination-Supply

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

From the looks of it, GLS does not differ much from LDS. Not sure what the differences are but it sure doesn't have the scripting/expressions functionability.

...And you have to pay for the GLS anyway, plus it's seemingly hardware based... I want something SOFTWARE based...

Anyway, downloaded the demo version of spaghetti... The tools function is grayed out, and still looks like the other three versions I've downloaded...

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    From the looks of it, GLS does not differ much from LDS. Not sure what the differences are but it sure doesn't have the scripting/expressions functionability.
    GLS has some sort expression functionality. For example, if I click on RotateX effect there is a box to edit an expression. The default is: sin(LoopCnt*pi*2)*0.5+0.5