Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Has LSX been abandoned?

It's not my problem! I don't really care. I just think it's a lame excuse to say that a forum PM or even a post is not a valid way to contact a person and expect to get a response.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    A lot of posts aren't sales related too, it requires you to browse the forums first to find the topics u want to follow.

Just email and stop complaining.
    Be glad already LSX exists to begin with.
    Software with major bugs at a high price is wrong if they dont get fixed within a about monthly timeframe IMO.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    Software with major bugs at a high price is wrong if they dont get fixed within a about monthly timeframe IMO.
    Define high price. To me, high priced software is in the $1000s of dollars. Most software engineers work on an hourly rate of around $150 or more per hour. So, when you buy some software that costs a couple hundred dollars that gets sold in low volum then you are buying low priced software. Let me put it another way. You might be able to buy some car for under $10K. $10K is a lot of money, but not for a car. You won't get the same level of service as if you bought a Rolls Royce.

I'm not making excuses for anyone and I am not saying anyone has given bad customer service. I'm just saying that some of the expectations in the last couple of posts are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    the Pro version of LSX is cheaper than Moncha that is considered a hobby-level lasersoft, also define major bugs (crashing? missing device drivers? ...) as those would be some that disallow you to work with the software
    also bear in mind that LSX works with multiple DACs so that makes debugging kind of more time consuming than a solution working with one proprietary DAC only...

Quote Originally Posted by dzodzo View Post
    the Pro version of LSX is cheaper than Moncha that is considered a hobby-level lasersoft, also define major bugs (crashing? missing device drivers? ...) as those would be some that disallow you to work with the software
    also bear in mind that LSX works with multiple DACs so that makes debugging kind of more time consuming than a solution working with one proprietary DAC only...
    LSX is low price, has loads of features, the bugs dont prevent u from using the product at max it might make one feature not work as you'd expect.
    It's a big product, 1 programmer.

There are a lot of things that have bugs and even for some big companies it can take weeks (with a whole team).

Take a chill pill and just wait please.

check out the new update

10:08:22 < drlava_> new update up
    10:09:29 < drlava_> fixes the etherdream with prot shows compat, creates ILDA without DAC scaling, fixes ILDA drag n drop empty space check

It cant remember color palettes properly, wich makes it extremly hard to use software because i want my own color and fades.
    Thats the major bug i talked about.

i dont see a new update. the thread on andrew's site isnt showing anything new.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

He hasn't posted there but it should be updated. I believe the newest version is 20120607, check out your update link!

Guys, LSX is getting continuous development and people are making some nice shows with it already! Also, several professionals are using it with very good results.

Borg, I looked at your PM when finishing the update this weekend, but couldn't find an issue with the way palettes are used, you can customize them. I think you should read the help button in the target settings panel to get an idea of how palettes and global settings files can be saved as presets for shows. This is an important concept to grasp as it unlocks a lot of ease-of-use and venue changing simplicity. If it's still not working as you expect, just contact me with a list of steps to reproduce what you're seeing.