Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: Not another build thread!!!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Under a rock in Cambridge UK
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    On the CNI stuff, Simon really is the man to talk to and I'm sure he will chip in sometime soon...

    I know he made telescopes to get the beam how we wanted it, and he also added TEC cooling... I haven't run them for more than around 30 minutes, so can't comment on stability... But I have heard nothing but good things about them from Simon and Dave...

    Re: LEM's, I sincerely hope they will be ready for the LEM's, I plan to use them for a show in a couple of weeks, albeit without the special functions tall order eh...!!

    I will definitely be at Surfleet complete with 5 projectors... I am hoping to make ShowLEM, but I am waiting on a promoter with a possible festival booking that would clash... Always last minute...

    Mark

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Herts, UK
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    The CNI's are the OEM-H-532 model CLICK and they are a very compact head with small driver, but have no TEC.. you do need to add a bit of temperature regulation magik yourself.
    They certainly pack some punch for such a small laser, we don't know how well they modulate yet but with some tweaking hopefully the Die4Chill will hold them within a range they are happy.

    They have pretty nasty divergence without the optional collimator shown in the pdf, and inside that sits a fixed DCV lens, then a PCX lens in a screw ring to focus the beam, and a IR filter.

    So Marks are sitting on some custom made aluminium spacers that also contain the thermistor, and that sits directly on some peltiers that sit on the baseplate. The standard collimator tube was extended by 12mm (using a spare tube sliced in half and some threaded couplings) to accommodate a longer FL final PCX lens (40mm iirc) that got the beam diameter up a bit to better match the R and B.

    And that is the OEM CNI story so far
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex, England
    Posts
    5,248

    Default

    Ok, so I gotta ask...

    Given the apparent space in the projector, why did you decide to go the OEM CNI route, and not just go for a solution with TEC already sorted? It doesn't seem to be due to space constraints.
    Was it 'just because you can' or for some other reason?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

    You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

    I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Herts, UK
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Nothing more than the P1t8ull stock room happened to have a pair of these on the shelf at the time Mark was planning these RGB's, and rather than let them sit there waiting to go to work they moved over to the insane side.

    These OEM CNI's are as cute as hell, you can't help but hold them like you would a sleeping kitten

    I understand a hot 1W LaserWave is providing the green sauce in the 3rd RGB.
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Hi Mark,
    Awesome project you have there! holy snappin duck shit bat man! I'm rubbing my eyes... is that 3x 5watt RGBs I see?

    Now thats a gang of thugs you have there! and 2 x 2watt GBs just incase anyone makes it out alive! top job.

    You guys are going to be able to put on some slammin parties with that rig.

    Make sure you post some vids of this team running together. I'm very interested to see this combo.

    Simons lasers, Dave's DMX tricks and your programming! this I want to see.

    Have you got any vids or links showing what grating effects are possible?

    I'm making myself comfy to watch your progress

    cheers for the group porn

    Kit

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,702

    Default

    Looking good Mark
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

    Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the banks of the Mersey
    Posts
    367

    Default

    "A red beam which could be seen for quite some distance. Shot's like this are a benefit of permanent CAA clearance due to a scientific laser firing at the moon just down the road from me ...

    ... you mean the Apollo missions actually happened.... they did land on the moon? OMG all these years I thought it was faked!!! hahaha... :-)

    Projectors looking good Mark, nice work from you and Simon....cant wait to see em live.
    K
    Move toward the light!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Under a rock in Cambridge UK
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitatit View Post
    Hi Mark,
    Have you got any vids or links showing what grating effects are possible?

    I'm making myself comfy to watch your progress

    cheers for the group porn

    Kit
    I haven't done much grating wise yet, I have burst gratings from Dave and have some other gratings to test, really want machita's in there on the second servo, but they are expensive and have a small operating window... Keep me posted on anything you find grating wise and I'll do the same...

    Mark

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Under a rock in Cambridge UK
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    So, I have made progress.. All being well they will be aligned and scanning tomorrow...

    The choice of power output could not have been better, the natural white is unbelievable... Cannot wait to tune the palette's and see the awesome colours these things will produce

    Here are a few more build pics:

    P1020191.JPG

    P1020193.JPG

    P1020195.JPG

    Anyone recognise these fans?

    P1020198.JPG

    Mark

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wiltshire, UK
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post

    Anyone recognise these fans?
    I've put 8 of those in my PJ running at 5 volts and they suck much better than my wife does, could run then at the full 12 volts if extra cooling is needed.

    Looking good Mark
    Squat that bug,

    One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •