Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Specs new toy

I thought that seemed a lil high. It was late, well for me, early for ya'll. I added an extra zero. ops:

Hm...where can I buy one? Who do I ask?

Me, private messages or email.

Thanks, I PM'd you.

dangggggggg I must have one.... but my financial state wont allow it!

http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/26/s...rner-reviewer/

If this sucker really comes out for $500, how much would it cost you to produce one?

hi, i was wondering how bright the beam is compared to the picture you posted because i have a 405nm i made from one of those ps3 laser assemblies on ebay and the beam is slightly visible probably as visible as 1-3mw of green
    YES first post

Lightbulb

Welcome aaron... It's always nice to see a CPF'r here.

Those are good representations of the beam from what I remember when he brought it to FLEM. It may look a little "fuller" in the picture but not by too much.

I'd love to get one of the 200mW one that have been rumoured to be coming out soon and add it in the projector. I'm not sure how but I bet someone will figure out how to blank it with RGB well. We need a new spot on the ILDA standard for 405nm please...

ok yes 200mw of 405nm :licks lips: i cant wait until blueray becomes more popular, and then when everyone is bored with 405nm the holographic versatile disc comes out 1 watt of green or perhaps blue! .
    im surprised my 405nm laser is working though its running at 6v and 100ma the output seems stable though, no mode hopping and the divergence is great at 0.15 mrad whats the 25mw 405nm's divergence?

allwhichthatis: I'm not sure how but I bet someone will figure out how to blank it with RGB well. We need a new spot on the ILDA standard for 405nm please...
    The one module I made back in November blanks well past 30khz TTL.
    It could be made to work analog.
    And Yes, It looks pretty added to the projector. something different.
    Just not too bright..
    We too cant wait to get ahold of a bigger diode..

Welcome to the forum aaron_inc
    The camera does help make it look brighter but in a dimly lit room it is very visable somewhere on this forum you will find my module version of this, but I cant seem to find it right now, its buried somewhere.
    Last edited by marconi; 04-05-2007 at 07:23.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

oh ok its probably alot brighter than mine, mine is only visible in dark conditions as a dim almost grey beam. does anyone here know how the xbox hd dvd drives are for making a violet laser, i have been offered a broken one for $50 and i was wondering it it would be better or worse than a ps3 one.