Thread: M140 dioode with lens, too fat beam

Default M140 dioode with lens, too fat beam

Hi...

I got my lens: 405-G-2 Glass Lens W/Focus Ring 30% Increase Over Aixiz

I cant get slim enough. At first the light is a "line". I becomes saaler when i turn the lense closer to the lense. At the point vhere it becomes at dot it gets some somt of square light bleeding around the dot. When i look at the dot at about 10 meters it a line again an about 30 cm long.

Do i have to turn the lense around or something?

EDITH: There is the bligger metal thing om the lense. Does it have any function to focusing?

How do i focus it? Is it the focus ring?

regards Miccim

The 445 diode is a multimode diode so it will not produce a dot but a line. You will want correction optics if you are trying to tame it down to a lower divergence. All the lenses will have some splash with the multimode diodes but the single element lenses are some of the best for splash. The splash should not look any worse than this.

If you are referring to the metal ring on the top it is used to focus the lens to your desired focus. It just turns to focus.

Here is what the line will look like @ 30 feet with the G-2. Taken though safety glasses to better show the line. I am holding up a AAA sized battery for comparison.

This would be why you add prisms or cyndrical lens as correction optics to get more of a dot, but wings will still exist until you scan it then the mirrors cut them off.
    leading in trailing technology

I answered but cannt see it. Maybe i answered i another thread Sorry for spam, maybe.

Ok so what is bedst? Prisms or lenses?

http://laserpointerforums.com/f49/be...eam-64626.html

Is this the best way?

Regards Miccim

This would be why you add prisms or cyndrical lens as correction optics to get more of a dot, but wings will still exist until you scan it then the mirrors cut them off.
    Do the mirrors really cut them off or just spread them out? I assume you mean the scanner mirrors.

Ok so what is bedst? Prisms or lenses?
    It depends on your goal. If you can place the correction optics close to the diode then the results are similar, but the lens will waste a little less light and the prisms will be easier to align. If you must place the optics far from the diode ie greater than say 200mm then the lens will also give a lower divergence than the prism for the same size beam.

Ok.. i have no idea how to find the right prisms. Could anyone please help med with a link to "where to buy" please?

And i still ise my 405-G-2 Glass Lens before the prisms?

regards Miccim