Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Programming with DrLava LaserDACLibrary (UDAC)

Thanks Lanek779

Dont be afraid of overcomplicating things, its great to learn and now I could do some changes by my own, I love open machines and do some test.

Maybe solution 1 is the best for me right now, I will take a look and post here if i made some changes.

Thanks again, great ansswer

Although a great learning experience (fitting a new driver to the existing head), for the money, I would be inclined to buy a complete new laser head and analogue driver all ready to go.
    Save the old one for experimenting with at a later date, but it sounds like you are more interested in programming the software, so messing around with hardware is only going to distract you from what you really want to be doing. Lower power greens are not that expensive now, its just a case of finding the one that'll drop in as a replacement.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Your right norty,

Now Im more interested in programming, but I really like open devices and improve myself with new knowledge, I will test with hardware in the future.

Thanks all

HI Golan

Firsts Steps:

This UDAC works great with Etherdrem and some others DACS, its a Circle example. Your laser is RGB or just green. Mine is green and the example is written for RGB so your first steps if you have a monocromo laser is to put BLUE and RED values to ZERo.

Just try this and make some tests with different forms

Then try to paint more than one form at a time controlling blanking bit. Here comes one thing I just solved las with with C#. If you analyze ILDA files you will see that this ILDA files have lots of points repeated (coordinates), the first time I saw this I do not give any importance, but when I couldnt control blanking I realyze that maybe those repeated point could be important, and they are. Lasers galvos have some difficulties when finishing a form and begining another, also with corners, they need to stop a that final point in order to not slide, i call it like this because is like when you try break on your bike on a wet floor. If you dont repeat this points the laser will pass away the final point and your draw will look horrible.

I also have some C++ code, modified from a cfavreau code, for reading ILDA files and write some array structure with the coordinates, so you can study how a particular draw is made, thats how I realyze about the repeating points needed.

One advice that DrLavas gave me was to interpolate a point every 1000 ticks, now I have a method that interpolates with a value of points that can modified from my canvas.

I also have attached my lasts steps its a C# wrapper for the UDAC made by Nagilo and mofied by me. I Have been working on c++ for six months, but Im not good on C++, i was tired of trying and searching solutions for C++, the nagilo finally answered to my post on the forum giving me an un finished wrapper, I made some modifications and now its working properly.

Tell me how are you doing with the tests

Osithlon

Hi Golan I have try to contact you by email twice but it seems that youre not recieving my email or PMs.

Check your SPAM folder.

Hi there

Problem with animations solved. At the end the main thing was to keep pps value at maximum for my scanner, and calaculate needed frames to move from point A to point B for example in 5 seconds. When I have the number of frames needed I just calculate coordinates for those frames and paint them.

I needed a new list of lists structure but everything is easier now with C#, thanks Nagilo!!!

Any questions

are there any updated releases on this? i have hooked all up with the C# wrapper but the ether dream box is not found by the library. deviceCount of the LDL_Init returns always 0 devices... any ideas? sitter.exe from ether dream sees it.

also, the code is now open source on github, i hope nobody minds this, if so please write me.

https://github.com/tebjan/VVVV.LaserDAC