Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Programming with DrLava LaserDACLibrary (UDAC)

Default Programming with DrLava LaserDACLibrary (UDAC)

Hi Everyone

As my title says Im programming with DrLavas LaserDACLibrary (Laser_DAC_Library_SDK_1.1).

Im a begginer in Laser world, not too much time here in the forum but I have made some improvements with the help of everyone here.

I can read ILD files, pass them to a txt, or a .h file, read this file and play them with LaserDACLibrary + Etherdream, controling blanking and ild files with movement.

Now Im trying to control intensity of the laser when painting a point, the LaserDACLibrary function LDL_DAC_Write_Frame(unsigned int nIndex, laser_point *pPoints, unsigned int nPoints, int nPPS, int nMode, float fScale = 1.0f, unsigned int nInvert=0, float fBright=0.3f)
    , has a parameter to control this but Im doing something wrong because if I value of fBright is higher than 0.1 the laser paints with the same intensity. And if its lower than 0.2 it paints but i cant se nothing at all.

Hope anyone can help me

Thanks in advance

Is your laser analog or ttl?

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

HI

This is my laser Laserworld CS-250G SE . I got it on second hand.

I think it is analogue modulation, but Im not really sure.

I supouse, that Drlava is changing the voltage in the range of 0 V to 5, using fBright parameter, but for my laser this doesnt works properly, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

this will probably disappoint you but club series and all these lower powered laserworld projectors use TTL modulation although they don't mention it in specification (they probably very well know why so that they can trick more unaware customers into buying that junk

Thanks dzodzo

So if this Laser is TTL I can not modify the intensity?

What laser do you reommend me?

Osithlon

TTL blanking has only 2 states - on and off, you need diodes with analogue modulation, that will give you control over intensity

as for recommendation i don't know, that heavily depends on your budget but avoid cheap laserworld models or china ebay projectors, those usually have only TTL diodes, shall you decide to buy from them sent them quote and ask specifically if the diodes are analogue
    best would be to build your own (if you have the knowledge) or ask someone here on the forum, i know there are guys who build laser projectors for others exactly tailored by requirements

Thanks dzodzo

I will take your advice next time I need to buy a projector.

Do you know the nicks of these guys in the forum that build lasers?

You can convert your own projector to analog, by changing the green head with another one, or by converting the driver of the existing laser head to analog or by building a blue or red from scratch and fitting it in there

is the projector under waranty that prevents you from opening it up? a few pics of the inside could help.
    "its called character briggs..."

No problem with the warranty, its second handed projector. I just opened it here are the photos:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laserworld_250G_SE.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	483.8 KB 
ID:	33787Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laserworld_250G_SE_module.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	408.1 KB 
ID:	33788

Solution 1:

changing the green head with another one.

if I do this change what about the rest of the projector hardware, any other change needed?

Solution 2:

converting the driver of the existing laser head to analog

this option means low level (hardware acces) programming?

Thanks Lanek779

Quote Originally Posted by Osithlon View Post
    Solution 1:

changing the green head with another one.

If I do this change what about the rest of the projector hardware, any other change needed?
    No other changes needed, you just replace the laser and its power supply. The problem is that you have to find a head that fits in there and the beam height matches the one you have so that it still hits the galvo mirrors. The laser you already have is quite smaller than the standard, more powerfull laserwave and cni models (mgl-iii or equivalents)

I think thesmaller cni modules could do the trick as well as others from similar manufacturers. I am talking about something like this http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/PGL-V-H-532.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Osithlon View Post
    Solution 2:

converting the driver of the existing laser head to analog

this option means low level (hardware acces) programming?
    sorry, i got you mixed up... When i say laser diode driver, I mean a circuit board that provides current to the laser diode. Nothing to do with programming here.
    Take a look at the pic below. This is most probably the insides of your laser diode driver (the black box connected to the green laser). You will notice a red arrow on the top right side of my picture. There you will see various cables (not very visible in the pictures). These are for temperature sensors, a tec cooler and the laser diode. Once we can identify which cable does what, you can cut off the two cables going to the laser diode, leaving the rest intact. Then you measure the current flowing to the diode. You will need a diode driver like the Flexmod P3, or the Die4drive or one of badpip's designs, set to the exact same current. You connect it there, feed it some voltage and a modulation signal and you are good to go. If you know what you are doing it is easy and it will not cost more than 40-50 usd

By the way, i am pretty sure that i have the exact same green laser and it doesn' t even come close to outputting 250mw. Mine is definately TTL and it floats high (emits a beam with no modulation and dac present)

I fear that I am overcomplicating things for you... maybe someone else would like to chime in too...
    "its called character briggs..."