Thread: Live Drawing and Illustrator/SVG import software?

Cool Live Drawing and Illustrator/SVG import software?

Hi hi again

No one seems to have responded to my first post on the iShowII USB Controller 64bit driver but I may have posted in the wrong section? or there isn't much interest in the lower end products? Anyway, I have a little more news to share and would enjoy reading your feedback..

The first phase of the laser show software we have in the works is almost beta ready.

A couple features are an interactive live drawing environment.. fun on a tablet or touch/pen input. As well as the ability to import vector files from Adobe Illustrator.

Again, I'm trying to gauge interest in this software project. If there is something out there that already does these things I'd love to hear about them, do my research, and try to at least "one-up" the idea

Ty all

ReneeLov3

I am guessing the problem is most people here avoid the iShowII DAC and use other products. I would guess that to be the lack of interest, no one has them as they proved pretty useless as they were.

You project sounds very cool, but guess there won't be a market here.
    leading in trailing technology

I understand. As I said in my post related to the iShowII driver, I think the hardware and software sucks. But if you are learning or on a budget I've seen them used before.

Glad you like the idea of the project. I am in no way looking for a market. This is a hobby, one of many side projects going on around the house. We were thinking of having something like a codeproject page setup if anyone showed interest.

We are also sharing a Raspberry Pi between the laser show and a quad-rotor drone project.. This RPi is so cool! I can't wait to see what fun will come from RPi + lots of photons.
    Last edited by ReneeLov3; 07-20-2012 at 11:12. Reason: whatev

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Hi Renee,

it looks like your software could be really cool once it's finished.

Are you aware of the DAC interface library from drlava?
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...brary-released

If you use this, a lot more people will be able to test your software, without too much effort.

Lots of laser programs have a free-hand drawing function, and some also have a tracing function. ILD SÔS (also from drlava) is a good example of vector converting software.

hi colouredmirrorball

Very cool.. thanks for the pointer to ILD SÔS. As well as the interface library. I hadn't seen these before and can wait to look into them.

Maybe with this DAC library included I can find a few people who like to play around with the application.

Tyty