Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LASER-WAVE 1.8W 637 not visible after 3 meters because of beam splitting problem :(

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfire View Post
    What andy probably meant, is that the pictures are useless without measurements of the beam at the aperture and in the far field. Besides that your pictures are not clear, but it looks like the diode alignments are off. Besides that if you come here looking for help and get stupid with people, you’re in for a long wait dude. Good luck!
    Thanks Solarfire for the explaining answers
    Now i understand it ! I shall try to do some reading in the holiday.
    But the images are not clear ?? wow it's very hard to get such pictures dude
    You can clearly see that there are multiple laserbeams in the beam what meant to be 1 beam..
    The beginning of the beam is very bright.. how further away from the modules after 2 meters you can clearly see
    that it's getting LESS visible and the beam MORE wider and wider
    HOME-GROWN RGB PROJECTOR ALMOST FINISHED...

- Laser-wave 2.5W 445 , 2W 532 & 1.8W 637
    - Stanwax® ilda- , colourcorrection- , ds3- , power distributionboard & key-stop with start button
    - DT40-pro scanset @30K (Quickshow Limited)

powered by : P a n g o l i n

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

since these are laser-wave modules and presumably still under warranty, contact the vendor (bridge@laser-wave.com).

laser-wave has good customer support and bridge will make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by svandescheur View Post
    Hello Folks,

I have finally made some pictures of the bad beam from my laser-wave 1.8W 637 module
    I'm thinking about it to ship it back to laser-wave to repare the module, because this is not what i expected for so much money
    I think i can build a module at my own with better results. The beam is not visible after 3 meters. The divergence looks like 10mrad or something :S
    Hopefully Mr. Edison can help me with this otherwise i'll send it back. i got permission to adjust the module from laser-wave with their Troubleshooters page.
    But i don't love to do that, because maybe i make it only worser. and i expected for that money a good laser without any problems. I thought it was plug and play.

Here are the pictures :

Attachment 33765Attachment 33766Attachment 33767Attachment 33768Attachment 33769
    Attachment 33770Attachment 33771Attachment 33772Attachment 33773Attachment 33774
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bridge is also a member of the forum, so you could send him a PM and direct him to the thread, so he can see what you're talking about.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I can fix it i,m sure of it but if there is warrenty on the module it should go back to laserwave first. I,m sure Bridge can solve the problem.Contact Bridge first and hear what he has to say. It also depends if you bought it trough Rob or that you bought it directly. You pay more with Rob but that is because of the service and the no worries that comes along with it. When you bought it directly then its up to you. Many people here buy lasers directly and when there is a problem they think oh Rob can help me out.
    Well he will probably but is it Fair? I don,t think so.

You make it to difficult for your self. I already offered my services for free so I,m happy to take a look at it. Just try to find a drive to get from your place to me and i will rewire your projector. I can also have a look at the Red.
    Last edited by edison; 07-22-2012 at 10:31.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Dear Mr. Edison,

Thanks for your offering of help..
    Pff i wrote a very large message before now and i don't know what was going wrong..
    but the message is gone... pff
    i have over 1 week holiday when do you have holiday ?
    i have permission from eric from laser-wave to correct the red and if i can't get it work i can ship it to laser-wave back.
    but the blue does have a wierd spot at the aperture. it looks like burned coating and i have broken the switch of the blue driver.
    i think i will ship only the blue laser back because of the shippingcosts etc. Hopefully they can get the blue beam a little bit more
    brighter than it is now. because the laser is 500mW underspec. and maybe they can tune that beam also a little bit, because it;s a little bit to wide too..

thanks for your help and see you soon..

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I can fix it i,m sure of it but if there is warrenty on the module it should go back to laserwave first. I,m sure Bridge can solve the problem.Contact Bridge first and hear what he has to say. It also depends if you bought it trough Rob or that you bought it directly. You pay more with Rob but that is because of the service and the no worries that comes along with it. When you bought it directly then its up to you. Many people here buy lasers directly and when there is a problem they think oh Rob can help me out.
    Well he will probably but is it Fair? I don,t think so.

You make it to difficult for your self. I already offered my services for free so I,m happy to take a look at it. Just try to find a drive to get from your place to me and i will rewire your projector. I can also have a look at the Red.
    HOME-GROWN RGB PROJECTOR ALMOST FINISHED...

- Laser-wave 2.5W 445 , 2W 532 & 1.8W 637
    - Stanwax® ilda- , colourcorrection- , ds3- , power distributionboard & key-stop with start button
    - DT40-pro scanset @30K (Quickshow Limited)