Thread: Laser-wave | lasermodules | not satisfied

Btw, Here is some quick test i made with all laser in CW:

Laserwave OEM Pro S LD module

Red: 637 monomode
    spec: 170mW,
    real: 190mW overs the spec by 11% =)
    at projector output: 170mW
    TEC cooled
    relative power consumption on the AC input: 2Watts ( LD ON projector is 29W LD OFF projector is 27W)

Blue: 447 multimode
    spec: 1000mW,
    real: 850mW under the spec by 15% =(
    at projector output: 755mW
    TEC cooled
    relative power consumption on the AC input: 6Watts ( LD ON projector is 33W LD OFF projector is 27W)

Green: 532 DPSS
    spec: 500mW,
    real: 710mW ( might include some 1.064um) over the spec by 30% ! =))
    at projector output: 570mW ( due to mirror and dichro lost + possible 1.064um filtering by the dichro)
    TEC cooled
    relative power consumption on the AC input: 15Watts ( LD ON projector is 42W LD OFF projector is 27W)

btw, i also measured the power at the AC input draw from the DT-40 pro galvo!
    measurement parameters:
    -laser scan area set to 50% in QS,
    -Max scan speed set to 30kpps limited by QS
    -signal effect sent to galvo: a very complicated figure in the QS that have alot of concentric close circles , i can heard the galvohaving hard time =))
    Power draw is 31W ( measured between galvo activated and galvo desactivated)

The power consumption with laser and galvo OFF is 27W ( fan + pcbs)

Doc
    Pangoline Quickshow FB3
    H-RGB1800 with DT40 and Laserwave OEM pro S modules (r637nm 190mWg532nm 710mWb447nm 850mW)
    Old set of G120 scanners and one Cambridge 6850
    1.4W 445 blue pointer

I'm presuming you bought the laser pre-built from Goldenstar?

What you could do is try contacting Bridge on here as he works for Laserwave and see if he can make some suggestion as to what may be wrong. You could then take his suggestion back to Amy / Winni.

Hi Doc,
    This is Bridge from Laserwave.
    First, can you take a look of the red driver, The switch is really setting to Analogue? the Analogue line is input to Analogue not TTL?
    Second, Can you check the Audion on the driver insulated of the base?
    Third, if all ok, can you input different fix voltage to the driver through Analogue mode, just like 1V, 2V, ... 5V and see the red laser power is on or off, change power or not with change voltage.
    As you know, we used same driver(only current is different setting for Red, blue and green) for those 3 lasers, green and blue are working, only red is not working, that's make us strange.
    please help and check, anyway, no worries, any problem, we will help our customer and you solve it.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    Hi Doc,
    This is Bridge from Laserwave.
    First, can you take a look of the red driver, The switch is really setting to Analogue? the Analogue line is input to Analogue not TTL?
    Third, if all ok, can you input different fix voltage to the driver through Analogue mode, just like 1V, 2V, ... 5V and see the red laser power is on or off, change power or not with change voltage.
    As you know, we used same driver(only current is different setting for Red, blue and green) for those 3 lasers, green and blue are working, only red is not working, that's make us strange.
    please help and check, anyway, no worries, any problem, we will help our customer and you solve it.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Hello Bridge, Thanks for helping me with that.

Yes the switch is set to Analogue and the signal line is connected to the Analogue connector input

I am not sure to know exactly what you mean by AUDION, What does it mean?.. if you talk about the mica insulator between the transistor and the aluminum base, Yes i checked them The insulation is good between the transistor and the case but i did not took any chance and I have completly removed the driver board, cleaned everything and reinstalled it with new thermal paste on both side of the mica insulator and to the transistor and reinstalled the board but there is no change. I was hoping that it cold solve the problem but it doesn't.

OK so with the signal from the ILDA board not connected to the driver board Analogue input of the red laser, it operate normally and look like it will never shutdown.
    NOw when i apply different voltages to that analogue input, here is what i get:

0.00V: 0mW
    1.00V: 2mW
    2.00V: 65mW
    3.00V: 128mW
    4.00V: 172mW
    5.00V: 193mW

All measured and tested with calibrated thermopile and a high quality DC power supply.

Now time for DEEP investigatin about WHEN and in WICH conditions the problem occur:

Here is some different situations to explain how the red laser operate or not:

TEST 1- Projector ON and dip switch set to music mode: All 3 lasers work fine, until after few sec or minutes, the red laser shut down by itself ( and the green LED on the driver board is OFF too)

TEST 2- While the red is shut down, If i keep the projector ON and disconnect the analogue signal cable from teh driver baord: Nothing change

TEST 3- While the red is shut down, If i keep the projector ON and disconnect the analogue signal cable from teh driver baord and connect it to the TTL input: Nothing change

TEST 4- While the red is shut down, If i keep the projector ON and play with the Analogue/TTL switch: Nothing change

TEST 5- While the red is shut down, If i Power OFF the projector and then Power it ON: The red laser power ON as normal.... until it shut down by itself after few sec or minutes

TEST 6- If i power OFF the projector, then disconnect the analogue signal cable form the red laser driver and then power the projector ON : Red laser is OFF and the green LED stay ON

TEST 7- Now while the projector is ON, If i reconnect the Analogue signal cable: the red laser sometime immediatly turn OFF and the Green LED turn OFF too and sometime it will take few sec or minutes to turn OFF, it's not constant!

TEST 8- Now if i retry the same last test but i connect the Blue analogue signal cable to the RED laser driver analogue input: Same result as with TEST 7

it's just like if the analogue signal from the ILDA baord is sometime shutting down the red laser driver and laser
    I thought it could be a bad ground or ground loop between the driver of the red laser and the ILDA main board so i measured the voltage between both ground: i got like 11mV so it's normal.

TEST 9- If i connect ONLY the ground wire from the red analogue signal to the red driver board input: The red laser is OFF ( as it should) and the green Led stay ON and is not turning OFF

TEST 10- Then, if i reconnect the red wire to have both ground and positive signal wire to the red laser driver: the red laser sometime immediatly turn OFF and the Green LED turn OFF too and sometime it will take few sec or minutes to turn OFF, it's not constant!

TEST 11- Projector ON and dip switch set from music mode to Auto mode:the red laser sometime immediately turn OFF and the Green LED turn OFF too and sometime it will take few sec or minutes to turn OFF, it's not constant!

TEST 12- If i connect the Red signal wire to the BLUE laser driver ( to see if the signal could be the problem): The Blue laser operate normally with the signal from the red and have no shut down problem

Another observation: Sometime, curiously, The red laser shutdown exactly at the same time that the Blue is activated... you will see in the video below ( look carefully)

Here is a quick video showing the problem when it happen during normal operation: ( at 2min32sec, you will see the green led of the red laser driver turning off by itself and the red laser too

Any idea ?... BAD laser driver ?.. Bad bad laser ? .. Bad ILDA baord ?

Doc
    Last edited by Doctorbass; 11-21-2012 at 20:43. Reason: Added informations
    Pangoline Quickshow FB3
    H-RGB1800 with DT40 and Laserwave OEM pro S modules (r637nm 190mWg532nm 710mWb447nm 850mW)
    1.4W 445 blue pointer

0.00V: 0mW
    1.00V: 2mW
    2.00V: 65mW
    3.00V: 128mW
    4.00V: 172mW
    5.00V: 193mW
    from your test, surely, laser not bad, driver look can working too
    it look like our Analogue can working when input different Analogue voltage.
    Can you find some other software to test? just like LD2000, Quickshow?
    the quickly way is only take the red laser out and using other sofeware and see it can working or not, if it is working normal, we should find why together had problems.
    can you do it or find someone near you help do it, thanks.
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    Can you find some other software to test? just like LD2000, Quickshow?
    the quickly way is only take the red laser out and using other sofeware and see it can working or not, if it is working normal, we should find why together had problems.
    can you do it or find someone near you help do it, thanks.
    I have Quicklshow and the first time i used it with that new projector, the problem happened...... so i confirm: The problem happen in Music or Auto mode ( with the dip switch) but also with the ILDA interface and Quickshow...

Have you read my test above?

When you say:
    the quickly way is only take the red laser out and using other sofeware and see it can working or not
    so you suggest to remove the red laser from the projector?.. is it with the driver too?.. and do you suggest to remove it to isolate it from ground?

Like i said the red laser can stay ON without shuting down if i set the TTL/Analogue switch to TTL.. so the red laser will stay ALWAYS ON in that case.
    But if the laser is already shutted down (because of the problem), and i try to change the switch from Analogue to TTL , It wont power up

Once the red laser shut down by itself, it is IMPOSSIBLE to restart it with the Analogue/TTL switch of software ILDA or Dip switch unless i power OFF the main switch of the projector and Restart it.

It is really frustrating to loose all that time for test and test and test without having a solution.. I ordered and paid immediatly that projector i considere i did my job and more than i should regarding that problem.

I have paid more to get a 637nm that have lower power than if i would have choosed a 650 and i have been suggest to do that and i agreed , but now i'm getting problem with it and i feel i have to pay with my time to solve that probelm by myself... it it normal?

Red laser is having a problem because it shut down erraticly

Projector arrived with a problem with the red laser and since it is arrived i'm only spending time to solve it.. but it's not my fault.

For those that had problem with goldenstarlaser or laser wave products and got great fast service and got replacement parts, I can say i really would feel like you! and have the same great service you had!

Believe me i always preffer giving good review of products and sellers, but i must have goods reasons to so that.

Bridge, What can you do for me?

Also i am wondering how is connected that green diode on the driver board?.. what is shuting down that laser?.. any TTL or Analoge signal that come to the Analogue plug of the laser driver are making the same problem with eratic shutdown.

But the only two way to have the laser to stay ON as it should is to set the TTL/analogue switch to TTL while the laser is still ON.. if teh laser have shutted down, it is impossible to restart it unless you restart the main power switch of the projector The secons way to have it to not shut off eraticly is to supply the analogue input with external voltage from 0-5V...

I'm sure it,s not an overcurrent or over temp because it would not be able to stay ON with the two conditions above.

Doc
    Last edited by Doctorbass; 11-23-2012 at 06:06.
    Pangoline Quickshow FB3
    1.4W 445 blue pointer

OK some updates:
    Amy contacted me and offered to send me a new red laser driver asap!

I really hope this will solve the problem!

Thanks Bridge and Amy for effort and time to finally make your best to help me!

Doc
    Pangoline Quickshow FB3
    1.4W 445 blue pointer

Hello Doc,

I'm sorry for my late response.
    I see you already have had contact with the persons who can help you out !
    It's not a problem that you hijacked my post
    To me your problem sounds really weird.. i also think it's a driver problem,
    otherwise it will not continious run on the TTL CW mode.
    It also can be some grounding probs. i don't know.
    Hopefully it will work with the new driver.
    I can say this about laser-wave : they have a really good customer service who can help you with any problem.
    They don't charge you anything for reparation if warranty is still on ofcourse.
    They helped me really good. i had some beamsplittingsproblem with the red and looks really nice now.
    They also gave me a free lens for the 532 laser i have. i scratched it accidentially :S
    And have some new cables for free with the "repaired" modules.. always good to have some spare cables.

Good luck with your module Doc.

And have fun with it very soon !

Sander
    Last edited by svandescheur; 11-24-2012 at 00:32.
    HOME-GROWN RGB PROJECTOR ALMOST FINISHED...

- Laser-wave 2.5W 445 , 2W 532 & 1.8W 637
    - Stanwax® ilda- , colourcorrection- , ds3- , power distributionboard & key-stop with start button
    - DT40-pro scanset @30K (Quickshow Limited)