Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reporting Illegal Lasers/Laser shows

..Guys - it's right here.. http://www.photonlexicon.com/wiki/in...fety_Overviews - ..and the PDF-linkky: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Medical.../UCM119257.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ragerlazer View Post
    ..Although dated, it's still the standards..worded really easily and in plain english, no run-around verbage or vocab.
    +1 - Yep.. simple, straightforward, rational... If more people read this, *before* purchasing / installing, well.. things would be at least 'to-that-degree' better..
    Maybe..

PS - Here's some illegally-operating *'s that are now squarely on the radar of AZRRA.. http://epiclasers.com ...Friggin jerks.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvrOTzctdjw ..Hopefully, AZRRA will give them the titanium Clue x4 they clearly-need.. (PS... you're welcome, Karl.. )

The High-Road is well-worth the climb..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

^^ Im surprised those guys do anything in arizona.. or anywhere really. Just watching that video is proof enough that they are violating every regulation put on the books. I wonder if they do not even contact the FAA to do outdoor shows. LOL
    Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

Ugh, I'm in the same boat about these guys. I came across them a few days ago. Seems they know a lot of people I know, which makes me feel weird about turning them in, but look at these vids:

http://technohouse.fm/lasers/

Should I feel less bad as they are Laserworld distributors? I've spoken to one of them a bit and he seems like a pretty decent guy, but I haven't brought this up to him. I feel like he should know better, but then again, the vids speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    PS - Here's some illegally-operating *'s that are now squarely on the radar of AZRRA.. http://epiclasers.com ...Friggin jerks.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvrOTzctdjw ..Hopefully, AZRRA will give them the titanium Clue x4 they clearly-need.. (PS... you're welcome, Karl.. )

The High-Road is well-worth the climb..
    j
    Wow hard to believe that is in the USA
    leading in trailing technology

This thread has brought up some pretty good ideas. I am going to bring this up with the ILDA Regulatory committee. Perhaps WE can get a new, simple, CDRH "backed," plain english Laser show responsibilites pamphlet redone. I will start a new thread, as I dont want to steer this thread off course. but many good points and ideas have been brought up here. Perhaps in this pamphlet can be included some sort of a form letter or some sort of correspondence to send to CDRH and/or offending show producers of unsafe practices.

ILDA Regulatory committee has no jurisdiction or "enforcement" authority. But what we do have is an open and respected line of communication with FDA/CDRH. So, this has the potential to really benefit our profession/hobby

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 11:17.

^^ I only hope so. Karl, I was told to speak with you about trying to get my projector licensed/have everything together for AZ by a friend of mine who throws local raves. I will probably pm you as soon as I get my projector =)

anyways, he should just be reported to the CDRH as well, or I hope he was. And any venue who books him should be warned about what he does with his lasers.
    Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

Quote Originally Posted by Darcean View Post
    ...anyways, he should just be reported to the CDRH as well, or I hope he was
    ..Aaayeeup...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Epic? Yeah.. Epic FAIL.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	34033 ..imagine that.. then again, maybe they did-file, but as 'I'm a Banana' Lazerz, Inc..?? I supposed I *could-have* overlooked that possibility..

Hope they get the Clu x Bat they need and change / improve.. that video, is just... friggin rediculous...

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Although new to the forum, and to doing laser shows the legal way - I'm in no way shy when it comes to calling ones bullshit and reporting illegal laser activity. In the end, these are the people who are going to hurt my business. In the past 6 months since I've started, I can't even count on two hands how many times I've been told "well, so and so can scan the audience" and I'm really tired of it.

I feel no compassion for those with illegal lasers/who audience scan and get fined or have their gear confiscated and destroyed. You do the wrong thing, you get caught, you pay the price.

The unfortunate thing (another) about reporting to the FDA is that they don't contact you back, so you really have no idea if anything is happening. I received a message from another member here with an email to a guy who works at the FDA and works on the laser division of things, and did send him an email, but have no received a reply. I can only hope that the FDA branch for every state starts stepping it up and putting an end to these childish companies who are going to ruin it for a lot of us who aren't giant laser companies with lots of projectors and staff - I'm one guy, four projectors. I can't always compete with Joe Schmoe and his ching-chong Big Dipper 5w RGB. And it sucks.

So I'm still losing shows to this guy. Apparently he's now taking the lasers out from his club, and putting them on 'shows' or other gigs for promoters who want lasers. No variance, imported Big Dipper lasers which are (from what I know) red flagged by the CDRH.

I've done the whole submit a complaint thing on the website, another user here gave me the email to a guy who works in laser safety at the FDA/CDRH but haven't heard anything. It's hurting my business on what I do legally, I keep getting "well xyz can shine his lasers at the audience" and I'm getting low balled in pricing as well.

I really feel like calling the 1-800 number for criminal activity and see if they'll do anything to help me. Am I out of line, or is it time to go hard, put my foot down and get this stopped?