Thread: Omar's Scanners

Default Omar's Scanners

A month ago I ordered a set of 30K scanners with the 7mm mirrors from Omar. They arrived one week later and in good shape. I set them up last week and right out of the box they worked very well. They were well tuned and projected a near perfect 12K pattern at 30K and approx. 10 degrees optical angle. The mirrors were in excellent cosmetic shape and passed 95% ( net thru both) of a 532 beam. After a few tuning sessions (mostly to improve my skills rather than the scanners) they preform better than my EM 4000 series. Although the EM scanners are large aperture 9.5mm models they also cost 10X as much. If these continue to hold up I will definitely order more and probably the 40K's because of the low cost.

Thanks Omar

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

nice review!

is there any way you can provide some pics? also, reflectivity measurements for additional wavelengths?

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    A month ago I ordered a set of 30K scanners with the 7mm mirrors from Omar. They arrived one week later and in good shape. I set them up last week and right out of the box they worked very well. They were well tuned and projected a near perfect 12K pattern at 30K and approx. 10 degrees optical angle. The mirrors were in excellent cosmetic shape and passed 95% ( net thru both) of a 532 beam. After a few tuning sessions (mostly to improve my skills rather than the scanners) they preform better than my EM 4000 series. Although the EM scanners are large aperture 9.5mm models they also cost 10X as much. If these continue to hold up I will definitely order more and probably the 40K's because of the low cost.

Thanks Omar
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

i'd be curious how they do down at 445, granted we have plenty of power there, but thats where the loss usually shows most.
    leading in trailing technology

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

also 405. i've been thinking about adding a couple watts to my rig.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    i'd be curious how they do down at 445, granted we have plenty of power there, but thats where the loss usually shows most.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.