Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: DrLava stop copying my content!!

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Kraftwerk are the grandfathers of Electronic music, formed in 1970!

Jarre's first album (Oxygene) was released in 76.
    I did not know that. That's awesome! I am actually working on some abstract shows featuring Jarre. When I get them done and provided they look good, I am going to share them to PL users.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I did not know that. That's awesome! I am actually working on some abstract shows featuring Jarre. When I get them done and provided they look good, I am going to share them to PL users.
    cool! i look forward to seeing it! i did a jarre show a couple of weeks ago:

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    cool! i look forward to seeing it! i did a jarre show a couple of weeks ago:

Damn you! Why do you always have to make those shows look so easy! Very nice work! You have really mastered LSX abstractions. Ufortunately, I have not taken the time to learn the procedural tricks to get even close to the results you are getting. I am primarily using LD2000 for my abstracts, which is awesome in itself, but I need to try again with LSX. I think my problem is that I tinker with it for about 30 minutes and throw my hands up. I need to dive into it more. Eventually, I would like to get a different DAC for LSX and run LD2000 or Beyond in tandem with LSX...

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I like older electronic music. J.M. Jarre, Patrick Ball, Don Dorsey, Brian Eno... I like some of the "newer" stuff like Orbital, Kraftwerk and Apoptygma Berzerk. I absolutely can't stand house. I hate that shit. Most of the new e-music is quite annoying. The way I look at it; if you can't make music without a mouse, you shouldn't be making music...
    To me, it's just about not limiting your horizons by putting arbitrary constraints on how something should be made.

Kind of like saying, if a "laser show isn't made with and analogue controller and an ion laser its crap"

Now while Lilly Allen's music isn't to everyones taste, I love nearly everything she writes. Beautiful voice and she writes stuff with note progressions in her voice that a really special that use her beautiful voice and range.

Her song Fear was produced almost entirely with a mouse. Have a look at this vid. Skip to 2:14. this is a Demo tutorial of how it was produced with Logic Studio by her producer Greg Kurstin.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_wzh0zHDw
    http://www.apple.com/logicpro/in-action/kurstin/

Now here is an acoustic version.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R_sporWpOo

To me they are both valid and I like them both. just different tools.

Here is some of Kraftwek' "later music" from 1999.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p15PBeFyP-s
    I cant remember what they used, but I remember reading about it in a music mag quiet a while ago.
    They used cutting edge equipment in 1999. They were just using the new tools at hand.

I'm not trying to make anyone wrong (I like your musical taste BTW) just the way I see it, i don't care if the music came from two rocks, a 500 piece orchestra,the noise of galvos hooked up to audio amplifiers, a guitar hero, electronic circuits, aided by computers or wind chimes. As long as it moves me its ok.

Peace Kit

Quote Originally Posted by kitatit View Post
    Her song Fear was produced almost entirely with a mouse. Have a look at this vid. Skip to 2:14. this is a Demo tutorial of how it was produced with Logic Studio by her producer Greg Kurstin.
    I am sure that she has musical talent and knows music. I think I misrepresented my point. I have heard other really good artists who make awesome music with Reason and other software as well, but they were musicians to begin with. I was speaking more to the point of someone with no musical background who opens up Techno Ejay or Frooty loops and hashes out cookie cutter songs.

Quote Originally Posted by kitatit View Post
    As long as it moves me its ok.
    I am like this with some video game music. A lot of people give me crap about it, thinking that just because it is a video game, the music is, therefor, lame. I have the soundtracks to a lot of video games and most of them were performed by well known artists. WoW, for instance, uses Dave Arkenstone and Russell Brower, to name a few...

So, I guess I can see what you mean.

For good intelligent and creative modern electronic music.. Look up Shpongle, Flying Lotus, etc...

Just my two cents XD
    Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

and now for something completely different....before the mouse...

Last edited by Laserman532; 08-30-2012 at 08:17. Reason: cause im fail...
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

ok just one more...look ma no lasers!

Maybe we can merge this thread with the Pro DJ Allen thread...
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

This kind of shit im talkin about here. Pavement monkeys (white and black) like this...no talent SOB's...dirt bags...Jay-z...you included...

I saw a guitar on stage, but my guess it wasnt plugged in. Raw talent right here.

OBTW...DR Lava...STOP STEALING EVERYBODYS SHIT!!!

Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

HAHAHAHAHA - Dont kill me...Im just posting it....I didnt write it....

anybody who steals other peoples stuff is a .......

Damn, i need to get back to work, too much Q4 Activity right here.

Pat B

laserman532 on ebay