Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: DrLava stop copying my content!!

Default DrLava stop copying my content!!

I am calling you out. I asked you to stop copying my ad and you continue to do so. You came up with your ad by copying my website and changing it to fit your software. Don't be lame and don't be a content thief. Come up with your own descriptions and format.

From my Spaghetti website:
    Spaghetti is a time line based Windows application for designing and playing laser light shows. It meets the modest requirements of the amateur while offering features and performance that you will find in applications designed for professionals.
    Features:

•Allows use of standard ILDA files for creating shows.
    •TrueType Laser Text
    •Drag and drop show creation.
    •Simultaneous control of multiple laser projectors, multiple TTL devices, and multiple DMX-512 devices
    •Effects include: Rotation, Sizing, Moving, Color Change, Waves, Fade In/Out, Drawing, Morphing, Strobe
    •Effects Layers allow applying effects across a partial animation or several animations
    •Application modes: ILDA File Browser, Laser Show Project Editor, Show Player, and Play List Editor/Player.
    ◦ILDA File Browser allows you to graphically browse ILDA files on your computer.
    ◦Project Editor allows you to create and edit show projects.
    ◦Show Player allows you to efficiently play laser shows.
    ◦Play List Editor/Player allows creating and playing a list of shows for a complete laser show experience.
    •Allows exporting shows to ILDA format for play back using other software or standalone devices.
    •Blind Spots: Allows specifying laser projection exclusion areas to create safe zones.
    •Black Out: Turns screen off when playing shows for maximum darkness
    •Spaghetti Users' Forum for product support and community interaction
    •Multilanguage: Currently English, German, Russian, and French

Supported ILDA Controllers (DACs):

•Showtacle Moncha (Fiesta coming soon - contact me for additional info)
    •JMLaser EasyLase ® USB , EasyLaseII, NetLase
    •RIYA
    •Minilumax Light Interface
    •Norm's FrameStreamer Express 2.0
    •Modified sound cards
    •iShow (All versions)

Supported TTL Controllers:

•USBMicro U401/U421
    •EasyLase ® USB
    •RIYA

Supported DMX Controllers:

•EasyLase ® USB
    •RIYA

Minimum System Requirements:

•Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
    •Pentium 4 class CPU or better (hyperthreading or dual core CPUs are suggested for best performance).
    •1 GB RAM (2 GB or more suggested for working on large/complex shows)

From your Ebay ad:

LSX Lite features :

LSX Shown with Dark theme applied, other themes available.

LSX Lite features :

LSX Shown with Dark theme applied, other themes available.

•Multitrack lasershow control with timeline-based editing
    •Live touch-screen lasershow control with OSC control surface input
    •Unlimited 3D animation effects: create your own or use the hundreds of built-in combinations.
    •Import and play back standard ILDA files for creating shows.
    •Application features: Frame Editor, Palette Editor, Show Editor, Show Player, Live Show Creator, and Play List Editor/Player.
    ◦Frame editor places the power to create 2D or 3D frames right at your fingertips.
    ◦Show Editor allows you to create and edit lasershows and live show loops.
    ◦Show Player allows music-synchronized show playback.
    ◦Live Show Creator Allows button-based live show synchronization and effects.
    ◦Play List Editor/Player allows continuous, automatic multiple show playback and switching.
    •Safety regions: Specify scanned regions of decreased brightness for audience and camera safety.
    •Color mapping: Allows color, blanking, and mixing levels to be set independent of shows.
    •Color linearity adjustment: Allows you to acheive the optimal white balance with your laser projector at any brightness.
    •Forum-based user support and idea/content sharing
    •Over 50 playable, editable shows included
    •Interactive abstract generation
    •External time code synchronization: Sync to MIDI time code (MTC) and external SMPTE via MTC converter
    •Multithreaded processing engine for smooth playback
    •Supported DACs: RIYA, Moncha, Fiesta, Easylase, Netlase, LDS, OLSD, QM2K, Lumax, Mamba
    •Upgrades to Basic and Pro versions available

Boy I am just not seeing it.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I do. He originally was selling Spaghetti on Ebay and when I told him to stop since I never gave him permission he started selling LDS and changed the wording slightly to match LDSs features. It's blatant plagiarism.

Well, ok. I can't speak to that but the rest looks like pretty standard lasershow software features. Your list looks a lot like pangolin. And mocha. And lasergraph. and Full Auto, and, and...

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I have some LDS books free if anyone wants them..................

Hey Gary, to be honest this is a rather surprising outburst. It's also the last time I heard from you since selem.. If you think there is an issue, why not just email? Why post a thread? Like chad, to me they just look like rather different lists of features, please PM or email if there are specifics that make you uncomfortable..!

Chad, you should just stay out of it because you don't know the background behind it.

I came up my list on my own. DrLava copied my list and then changed the words just enough to make it slightly different. I know this. DrLava knows this. That's all that matters.

As example, just compare my Applications Modes section to his Application Features section. Compare my "Allows use of standard ILDA files for creating shows." to his "Import and play back standard ILDA files for creating shows." There is no denying where he copied it from. And I doubt he will even deny it himself.

I know it is petty but it's true and I don't want him using my content and format to sell his stuff. He can delete it and come up with his own format. He's a PhD, he knows better than to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Hey Gary, to be honest this is a rather surprising outburst. It's also the last time I heard from you since selem.. If you think there is an issue, why not just email? Why post a thread? Like chad, to me they just look like rather different lists of features, please PM or email if there are specifics that make you uncomfortable..!
    Just change it. You know you copied my format and slightly massaged it. Just delete it all and come up with something of your own and that will be the end of it.

I do disagree but because I'm an honest guy I'm willing to try to fix whatever you see.

Oh and the whole 'selling spaghetti' thing, I was trying to help expand Spaghetti's fledgling customer base and make Gary some cash before I realized there were 'issues down under' and in the end there were 0 orders as when displeasure was expressed, I canned the concept. I guess the end result with LSX however, things turned out not too bad

edit:
    ok, just change it.. the format you're claiming I don't want to sound snide, is it a bullet list? referring to ILDA files as 'standard' ? I did completely rewrite the features list in order to be unique, originally, already.

LOL. Your typical smarmy remarks present themselves. And you wonder why I didn't want to do business with you. As soon as someone takes offense to something you do you pull out the passive agressive insults.

I tell you what. Leave your ad the way it is and I will change mine. Just keep in mind that I pulled my descriptions out of my ass and you are copying basically something that came from my ass. Enjoy it. Love it. And cherish my ass descriptions.