Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *EXTREMELY* upset with Lasever

Ahh.. I was just reading the other day about how BBO and LBO crystals
    were hygroscopic, but BiBO is not. Interesting stuff. The model number
    is LSR473NL. I have no idea how many TECs are inside the head because
    I DID NOT TAKE IT APART!!!! LOL

I am guessing the only TEC is on the 808nm pump diode itself though, because
    the LSR-PS-I driver only has 2 CC'd outputs.. one for the LD and one for the TEC.

that a single tec model, using nothing more than what looks like a tec cooled pointer core to it.
    looks just like one of these http://www.lasever.com/producttitle.asp?id=1412 ,but blue output and not green
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Well, since the repair involved a failed TEC, maybe I'll get the
    new & improved version? Doubtful, but who knows.. we'll see.

... I feel your dissappointment-

however you should be aware that there are many who DO try thier own repairs and DO take items apart-(once that has been done the warranties , in almost all cases, is void) find they cannot fix themselves and later claim no dismantling was done by the user-

Please understand tha I am NOT accusing you of doing this- It does happen a lot as I work closely with AixiZ and this is a very common occurance.

I think that if you, as suggested, keep working with David and stay calm in the end he will fix you up.-- Replacing/refunding is costly an immediatly kills any profit that was made. They really cannot just replace or repair for free for every unhappy customer- I truly hope this works out for you in the end.

hakzaw1

Thanks hakzaw1,

I can *totally* understand that this probably does happen quite often.
    In fact, I have taken my fair share of DPSS lasers apart in the past, but
    none of them had warranties on them. They were just cheap modules.
    Anyway, I realized a long time ago that I cannot repair a DPSS laser to
    save my life, so I quit trying. Haha. It just angers me when a person (or
    especially a *company*) accuses you of something you *know* you did
    not do. I am probably the most honest person you might ever meet, which
    can be disadvantageous at times also, but I believe truthfulness above all
    else is extremely important.. at least, to me. So when somebody insists on
    branding me a liar, I take it very, very personally. As I believe I stated before,
    I will *never* be doing business with Lasever again.

- Lloyd

I understand- you are taking this personally because it IS personal-

To return ALL the favors done for my by the nice people at AixiZ I help out by handling the everyday customer support issues- I amay have even given someone the impression that they were being less that truthful with me- They are upset that thier 'Kit' did not come with a bachalors degree in electronics- they want it all and want it now- I have no idea of thier level of expertise- do they really have any business trying to build a burning laser (< to me thats a tip off that they are not vets)they are dead certain that AixiZ has sent thme a faulty driver and a bad diode-
    I try my best to direct them to the knowledge they really need to learn on thier own- I alwasy send them to sveral laser forums and of course Sam- I sometime hear back that they now realize that they did something incorrect- a few had to kill a second driver to convince themselve od this- AixiZ regularly send second items out for free- ostly low cost items but still -- I must tell them that if they do the same and have the same results sorry but no third free bites at the apple- -

AS I have said the people at AixiZ are very kind- they never deserve some of the comments they get-- they rarely are at fault, and over all these years of sending free replacements and still having someone occasionly call them a scammer it must get to them- AixiZ is a tiny company- run by husband and wife with the help of the grandparents- at best when there are lots of order to process they have a local college boy come in part time- a few time I have seen two working there- oddly, tho, these shipping clerks have NO interest in lasers!
    ++

And while I imagine Lasever is much bigger they are still just people like you and I. I have had occasion to deal with David Wu- he was very kind and helped me a lot. So now I find myself do a little payback- I can imagine that his techs take faulty items also personally- and MAYBE they tell David that it 'looks' like something has been worked on-
    opened and now no longer warranteed.

And you know that this time they are wrong.

But david is in the middle and until you can calmly convince him that you have not opened the laser and not tried a fix of your own-- well theres the rub..

he may know these techs there for a long time and he has never met you- human nature--So give him another chance to make good. wont hurt and may help- good luck to you---hak

problem is solved~~ It is totally misunderstanding
    Professional manufacturer for High Power DPSS and Diode Lasers.
    1~8W 638nm Red
    1~8W 520nm Green
    1~20W 445/465nm Blue
    3~10W RGB laser
    http://www.lasever.com/
    Email: sales@lasever.com