Thread: Specs, info, anything please

Default Specs, info, anything please

Hello all, I'm new to laser light show hardware and have purchased a device from China, not that that is the problem just a fact.
    It arrived with next to no instructions or information.
    it came with some software called Laser Controller which has a 24 page manual that kind of helps but not really that crashes when I'm trying to save files.
    It has a SD card port for your laser shows in .ild format.
    It seems to work well, but there are issues.
    I know I shouldn't expect too much for a consumer unit as such (it was about $300.00) and purchased through Amazon, not that that is the problem just another fact.
    The convergence of the three lasers seems to be off vertically, the ends of a drawn circle don't match up and there is a FPS issue that makes the animated .ilds flash (like an old movie).
    I have no idea of the version the .ild files are in no idea of scanspeed it works with, no idea if the ild files should be 64 colour.
    What I would like to have it some kind of calibration information, and anything that lets me create sucessful files and play them back on this system.
    I've inserted a screen capture of the software, just in case it helps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laser controller.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	34354
    A link to the actual product is here: http://www.amazon.ca/Powerful-Progra...5234569&sr=8-1
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by avtech View Post
    The convergence of the three lasers seems to be off vertically,
    You may be able to fix thing by opening up the laser and adjusting the dichroic mirrors, there will be 2 of them, probably in front of the red and blue lasers. These are usually very cheap mounts, and may need some "gentle force" to get the alignment OK again.

the ends of a drawn circle don't match up
    This is either a galvo tuning or a blanking shift issue. Some software allow you to tweak the blanking shift in settings. Note that this is pretty common, even on higher end systems things don't always match up unless you add extra points in the drawing.

there is a FPS issue that makes the animated .ilds flash (like an old movie).
    All projectors are like this, you can't avoid it, all you can do is upgrade to faster scanners.

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    All projectors are like this, you can't avoid it, all you can do is upgrade to faster scanners.
    Other than reduce the image size.
    This space for rent.

Watch out if that version of mamba is not from medialas, it is said to contain malware.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Other than reduce the image size.
    Or optimize the points with something like ILD Sos

They don't seem to mention the scan speed on the page, but probably only 10Kpps or so like all the low end Chinese lasers.

Thank you all.
    Bart, you mentioned Mamba for the software, do you think that it may be that product?