Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Using a midi controller like a Novation Launchpad..

have you tried the automap feature for the novation controller, works in qs/livepro and beyond for me very well with remote zero controller.
    Michel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

I Know How you feal i use the Akai apc40 and launch pad with ableton live 8 software doing gig's or DJing
    it works perfect because controller templates and maping is automatic and you can use your midi keyboard
    to control animation clips in quickshow.But with launchpad or apc40 i strugled i even loaded in the driver
    software with novation launchpad.I could control the clips but it had gaps so some of them were missed out.

Hi folks,

Great picture Maurice!

Regarding MIDI, BEYOND has a very ellaborate MIDI implementation that *may* include the use of scripts and such. The simple stuff like direct mapping of buttons and controllers to particular features is easy, but the more complicated things such as "you press Blackout with the mouse and every single control on the MIDI controller is updated and receives feedback" is much more complicated, and -- since every MIDI controller is different, this is where scripting can play a good role.

We currently have a template for APC and are about to release a second, more powerful template that is being shown at our tradeshow booth right now too.

What you can do with BEYOND is far more than you could with any of our past software (or any other software as far as I know). It's far more elaborate than LivePRO in every way, including MIDI support. However, LivePRO works in a certain way that is desirable and familiar to many people, which is why BEYOND includes a technology called "ProTracks", which is like a single, virtual track in LivePRO. But unlike LivePRO which has only four tracks, BEYOND can have a literally unlimited number of ProTracks.

Regarding the Launchpad, please send me an email reminder about this directly, and I'll see what we can do about including a template for this as well. I bought one of these when it first came out and they are pretty cool.

Bill

Default Email and help for Launchpad with Quickshow

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Hi folks,

Great picture Maurice!

Regarding MIDI, BEYOND has a very ellaborate MIDI implementation that *may* include the use of scripts and such. The simple stuff like direct mapping of buttons and controllers to particular features is easy, but the more complicated things such as "you press Blackout with the mouse and every single control on the MIDI controller is updated and receives feedback" is much more complicated, and -- since every MIDI controller is different, this is where scripting can play a good role.

We currently have a template for APC and are about to release a second, more powerful template that is being shown at our tradeshow booth right now too.

What you can do with BEYOND is far more than you could with any of our past software (or any other software as far as I know). It's far more elaborate than LivePRO in every way, including MIDI support. However, LivePRO works in a certain way that is desirable and familiar to many people, which is why BEYOND includes a technology called "ProTracks", which is like a single, virtual track in LivePRO. But unlike LivePRO which has only four tracks, BEYOND can have a literally unlimited number of ProTracks.

Regarding the Launchpad, please send me an email reminder about this directly, and I'll see what we can do about including a template for this as well. I bought one of these when it first came out and they are pretty cool.

Bill
    Hey bill was wondering if you had a way to contact you to get Luanchpad to work properly with Quickshow?

Nobody ever contacted me yet. We did buy one of these a few years ago and played with it a little. It is easy to get to work with BEYOND but much harder with QS.

QS is really meant to be easy software, but these advanced MIDI devices really require pretty advanced and complex "feedback"mechanisms. This is supported in BEYOND through scripting, but QS has no such thing.

I'm sure you can do the simple things with Launchpad and QS, such as triggering cues, ESTOP, etc.

Bill

Default THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Nobody ever contacted me yet. We did buy one of these a few years ago and played with it a little. It is easy to get to work with BEYOND but much harder with QS.

QS is really meant to be easy software, but these advanced MIDI devices really require pretty advanced and complex "feedback"mechanisms. This is supported in BEYOND through scripting, but QS has no such thing.

I'm sure you can do the simple things with Launchpad and QS, such as triggering cues, ESTOP, etc.

Bill
    I really appreciate you contacting me back Bill. I figured as much with QS, so i guess i gotta upgrade to BEYOND then. Thank you for your time!