Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holoforum?

Default Holoforum?

Has anyone else found it impossible to open Holoforum?

Yes, it's down again at the moment. I had been meaning to drop Ahmet an email to find out what's happening. Your post has just reminded me
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Jem, could you post or PM if you hear anything back from Ahmet? I don't want to "pile on" by sending him additional e-mail from me. TIA
    Ron

I can't understand why, but I seem to have misplaced his email address. Do you have it Ron?, if so would you mind PM'ing me it?

Thanks

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hey Jem, A PM has been sent.

Ahmet put a message on the forum saying that the server is down and he is on vacation and won't be able to fix it for about two weeks. Maybe we all need to come up with ideas to help him keep it going in the future if possible like a backup server or something. I'd help if I knew what to do.

Cheers Ron, I'll read it now

O.k., I've sent him an email asking if there's anything we can help with.

Cheers

Jem

Thanks Jem. I would think that most of the regular posters on the holography forum would be willinging to help. We just need some guidance on how.

This is the exact reason i've tried to make contact with as many fellow holographers as possible on Facebook. It would be awful to lose contact with everyone, it was bad enough when Frank stopped supporting the 'Ning' and we lost many contacts.

Cheers

Jem

O.K., I've started a Facebook Group called 'Holography'. I've notified (and joined) all my Facebook Holography 'Friends', perhaps you can add anyone else you can think of that's interested in holography. Hopefully this should act as insurance just in case the Holoforum is down for a while. It would be awful to lose contact with everyone.

web: http://www.facebook.com/groups/holography

Email: holography@groups.facebook.com

Ron, are you on Facebook?

Cheers

Jem