Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holoforum?

No, I am not on Facebook. Jem, I may be the worlds last hold-out! OMG! You may be personally responsible for finally overcoming my resistance. My last hope is that Ahmet gets the forum up and running before my will to resist completely gives out. Ahmet, if you are reading this, please, please help me before it's too late.............

Hehe... Ron, you *need* to get on Facebook

I created the group last night at around 10:00pm here in the UK. I pre-registered all my holography 'friends' there, so in total we had 20 members including me at ~10:15pm last night. This morning I checked in to FB and we had 79 members .

All the well known names are there and joined up... You're missing out Ron, go on, do it, you know you want to

I don't think for a minute that Facebook will get the deep discussions we see from time to time on the Holoforum, but at least if it goes down again we all have a means of keeping in touch

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Yea, Good deal Jem, come on Ron join the "Dark Side"............

Ron, you're not the only hold out. I refuse to join facebook too.

Hmmm... The email I sent to admin@holoforum.org has bounced back

@Gmunu... Who's that hiding behind the cryptic name... George? If you don't want to out yourself in public how about a PM?

I understand your holding out on Facebook, at one time I was quite resistant too, but it does have its uses.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by holokidd View Post
    Yea, Good deal Jem, come on Ron join the "Dark Side"............
    Sigh. It looks like I've been turned! It shows the power of holography! Anyway, I have now officially joined Facebook. Jem, I would be honored if you would add me to the group. I will add a photo to my facebook profile when I can use my home computer.

Oh, and just in case its become obscured by my bizarre sense of humor, I *do* think this was a great idea for making sure we can all stay in touch and I thank you for doing this Jem.

Hi Ron

I searched for your name but nothing comes up.

Try doing a search in groups for 'holography'. You can then request to join the group, this is by far the easiest way. If you're struggling give me a shout

I'm John Klayer.

Hi John. I guessed that was you. What other holographer do I know from Georgia?

Jem, I found and signed on to the holography group in FB. I still haven't been able to update my profile with a photo because....

Last year I had phone service with Verizon, my internet through Comcast, and my television through DirectTV. Earlier this summer I switched to Verizon FIOS for all three services. Consequently last night (and still this morning ) I had NO landline phone service, NO TV and NO internet access. Apparently Verizon had some kind of fire in a service tunnel and the outage is widespread in my town and a few neighboring communities. Last night I was reduced to (gasp!) reading a book!