Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ILDA Splitter

Looks like you need to give up the day job, DZ!!

Glad I got my custom splitter before SELEM!!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Put me down for one.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Meanwhile as Dave thinks to himself.... "Oh shit! What have I done!" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Meanwhile as Dave thinks to himself.... "Oh shit! What have I done!" LOL
    LOL! You right! It'll be fun to get a couple big projects cracked out. Kinda prepping for the console, which will be the biggest project I've done. Looks like I'll get 10 or so of these built then shelve the design while I finish the console. Wish I could retire and do this full time!

I should have the board design done by the end of the week, along with a final price and will PM you guys on how to pay.

Thanks!

I will take one
    Larry

Hi all, ok, I have the board design done and the parts list together. Unfortunately, it ended up being a good bit more than I expected. partly due to the front and back panel price. In order for me to make these I'm going to need $425 each, nearly double what I originally thought and I understand if you want to change your mind. I could reduce the price to about $315 if I cut the front and back panels myself, but I don't really have the tools necessary for that (IE. D-sub punch). If someone has one they could lend to me for this project that'd be fantastic. The $315 model also wouldn't have lettering on it or the lettering would be via a simple label maker. Let me know, I can do this, it's just going to cost a bit more...

As seen in the pic, it's a total of 2053 solder pads to solder, plus wiring!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5 channel splitter.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	369.2 KB 
ID:	34721

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I want what you are proud to sell. If your vision ended up being $425, so be it. I'm in for whichever you end up doing.

Thanks Brad, I really do appreciate your support. I'm certainly more proud to sell these with the nicer engraved panels, but I do understand the price issue. So I've decided I'll offer both versions. For $425 you'll get the one with aluminum pre-cut and engraved front and back panels. For $325 you'll get the version with plastic front and back panels. There will be no labeling on the plastic version. The boxes will come fully assembled and tested. Every ILDA signal is split/buffered except for Intensity and +Z/-Z. All 6 color channels are buffered/split. All interlock loops are isolated and depend on a DAC being connected (ilda pins 4/17 shorted). If the DAC is disconnected, all ILDA out pins 4/17 will go open. X/Y gain and offset controls for channel 1-4 on the front panel, channel 5 is not adjustable. Each adjustable channel has built in protection so that you cannot exceed ILDA spec with the gain or offset knob.

Ok, if you are still interested in this, send me a PM and I'll get you my paypal address. I'd like to do between 8 and 10 of these, then shelve this project for a bit while I finish the analog console. Once payment is made and I get between 8 and 10 orders I'll submit the order for all the parts. The printed circuit boards will take between 2-3 weeks to get. I expect to have the first one roll out of here about 4-5 weeks from when I place the order. Then about 1-2 splitters out the door per week after that. Please understand that from the time you place the order to when you receive it, is going to be a while. I'll do the best I can to get it done in a timely manner.

Even at $425 IMO it's worth it. PM sent.

Got some work to do now! There's an error on the front panel, but it will be fixed. I only ordered 1 set of front and back panels in case I made a mistake. It was the first time I've tried Front Panel Express. I think it turned out very nice and look forward to some other projects with them.

Name:	IMG_0280.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	35136

Name:	IMG_0281.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	35137

Name:	IMG_0282.jpg