Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: ILDA Splitter

this punch you drill a small hold then i use a impact gun ...ill try it on 4.mil .had some stanless stuff made had to get laser cut but you could try a water jet cutting ser.may be cost wise if your going to make more then one.....trying to setup a cnc cutter for my brother this well cut 8ft-4ft hopfuly soon....this thing is killer.just needs some fine tunning...

forgot to say real nice work on the splitter was thinking of how i was going run my two old cs units on the new dac ....well that was easy....your setup solves everything.....

I have so wanted a water jet cutter ever since I read Count Zero (or Mona Lisa Overdrive, I foirget which book mentioned one in passing). Bit it's almost certainly more expensive than I'll be able to justify. The main thing is I will be cutting holes in existing cases, trying not to screw up some nice anodising already on them. A small hand operated cutter may be the best bet, or at least the cheapest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db 25 hole punch 007.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	525.3 KB 
ID:	41144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db 25 hole punch 009.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	524.8 KB 
ID:	41145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db 25 hole punch 008.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	863.5 KB 
ID:	41146ok doc just made a db25 hole with the hand tool in 3mm or .125 stock took 8 min for one..hear are some picks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db 25 hole punch 001.JPG 
Size:	813.9 KB 
ID:	41140Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db 25 hole punch 001.JPG 
Size:	813.9 KB 
ID:	41140Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db 25 hole punch 002.JPG 
Size:	548.4 KB 
ID:	41141Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db 25 hole punch 005.JPG 
Size:	544.4 KB 
ID:	41142Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db 25 hole punch 006.JPG 
Size:	795.7 KB 
ID:	41143Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db 25 hole punch 006.JPG 
Size:	795.7 KB 
ID:	41143.how thick are your stock.....you sead 4mm
    Last edited by inova20; 12-07-2013 at 11:58.

Thanks for that. Good test, and time consuming. I know what it's like stopping to do lots of photos.. That looks like the kind of punch I need. I have some circular ones for 16mm and 20mm. The upper limit may have been 3mm thickness, officially, but I think I did a 4mm thick hole in a diecast box once. I don't even know the wall thickness on the cases I'm buying yet, exactly. Got to look into that.

would you want to sell one as a kit no holes un built.....love to build stuff

ok now you got me thinking mabe a small automotive press with this die.....could buy one for 100 bucks or just use a bottle jack in a small cage......

I can't. I haven't even bought them yet.. And when I do I'll need to build stuff into them to earn the money I need to do anything like get scanners and stuff.

The idea of fitting that die to a press is a good one. That could guarantee easy repeatability, and less damage to existing finish on a case.

Edit:
    Edison's selling them. In the for-sale forum there is a post, about ten days ago I think.

sorry doc lost in the post.....what are you building new projectors....well if you need the tool just ask il send it to you......

Just lasers. For now... Hopefully something good enough to pay for projectors later. I'm in the UK, so postage might cost a bit, I suspect it's a bit heavy, that tool.. I'll see what RS can sell me locally. If it looks like being worth buying yours and paying for postage, I'll ask. (I like RS a lot, but they can be expensive on some things).