Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Great service from ebay seller Aijii

Default Re: Poor service from ebay seller Aijii

This is the first i have heard of it all.

Firstly, we paid the shipping. We cannot send items any other way.

Secondly, it seems a little strange that i haven't received any correspondence from you Andy, rather you would prefer to bad mouth me on a public forum.

Thirdly, putting a set of scanners like this is not exactly rocket science. I feel the manual we supply is more than sufficient for someone with electronics knowelege

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con
    hello everyone and sorry that my first post is not a good post.

purchased these 15k scanners

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6720&rd=1&rd=1

and in the auction i had to pay $80 post and packaging, when i received the parcel from UPS today i had to pay another £22 that about $42 to receive the parcel, as the seller didnt pay postage!!!!!

so what the hell did i pay the $80 for????

avoid this seller people, he rips you off.

and as for the instructions on how to put it all together!!! useless, i binned them as they was no point in them what so ever. i asked a friend who has the same set and he told me how to set them up.

once working they are amazing and well impressed with them, just a shame about the service i got.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Default Re: Poor service from ebay seller Aijii

Quote Originally Posted by dave
    This is the first i have heard of it all.

Firstly, we paid the shipping. We cannot send items any other way.

Secondly, it seems a little strange that i haven't received any correspondence from you Andy, rather you would prefer to bad mouth me on a public forum.

Thirdly, putting a set of scanners like this is not exactly rocket science. I feel the manual we supply is more than sufficient for someone with electronics knowelege

Dave
    1.) I figured full shipping had to be paid, why else would it have been picked up...
    2.) I guess if this is a ploy to discredit ya'll no one will believe it, everyone here has backed you up.
    3.) If I can set up a set of 30ks, anyone should be able to set these up. The PDF was enough for my brused brain. :roll: adam, what did you "bin"? I had to go online for mine manual...

Allthat:

Er, I didn't "bin" anything... Andy_con said that he "binned" the instructions that came with the galvos because he thought they weren't helpful to him. (He said that a friend helped him set up the galvos.)

Maybe you confused my name with his?

I have spoken with a few people that have had trouble deciphering the instructions for their galvos. Not sure if they were the same ones that Andy_con bought or not though. But they were galvos made in China. Actually, now that I think of it, the most recent example happened right here on PhotonLexicon.

Fred (Astroguy) had a question about the instructions that came with the DT-40 galvos; the specific issue was how to hook up the attenuation potentiometer when you have a single-ended DAC vs one with differential outputs. And in that case, I'm pretty sure that both Jian (who sells the DT-40's) AND Dave (who sells another brand) *both* posted here on PhotonLexicon to help Astroguy get set up correctly.

Bottom line: There is lots of help available here from Dave and aijii, which makes me wonder why Andy_Con couldn't get help with his units from the very same people. Something doesn't sound right. (Especially since Dave posted above that this is the first he's heard of Andy_con's problem.) hmmmm.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo

Maybe you confused my name with his?
    DOH! I should have specified... I meant him. ops:

im not gona say anymore as i didnt know the seller was a member on here and its unfair on him.

once ive sorted it out i will post the results.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con
    im not gona say anymore as i didnt know the seller was a member on here and its unfair on him.

once ive sorted it out i will post the results.
    One of the big problems with the laser community(other than being uninformed) and laserists(other than being dirt cheap) is that no one talks or speaks their mind.

This forum was set up to facilitate the sharing of information relating to the "hobby/profession", and that does extend to opinions and dealings of an isolated transaction. Hell, I haven't even deleted the threads that slam me personally, and I own the forum.

Saying that your grievance is still true with no correction and that you will cease talking about it because "he happens to be an member here" is a lot like slamming your dick in a door to prove a point.

Whatever the outcome happens to be, good or bad, it needs to be out there in the court of public opinion. It's only fair, even if it is just a miscommunication or misunderstanding.

Hi Andy

Im also here in the UK ..... and just to let you know the charges you faced were nothing to do with the seller ......

They are the standard import duty and VAT charges imposed by Customs an Excise here in the uk and these are leveyed by the paperwork and invoice value after the goods arive in the uk and cannot be paid in advance... i have had to pay it many times

there are ways around it .....

Now i recently purchased about £3000 worth of lasers from Dave and Aijji and asked them to state on the paperwork that they were power supply samples with a value of $150 ..... now i was very fortunate as customs did not look too closely and they were delivered without any charges ....

But you must realise that its at the buyers risk and if customs suspects false declaration they could confiscate and destroy the goods

If you are prepared to take the risk thats fine .....

What you paid was the correct amount for the consignment .....

Also as mentioned on daves website there is really good info for setting up the galvos

I personaly would recomend these guys as some of the best international laser sellers ... i have delt with many worse and i mean WORSE !

Hope you get the galvos running ok and if you need any help theres lots of people here that have experience with these

all the best ...... KARL

Nothing against the sellers because they were very helpful to me when I had questions but: I have that 15K set and I do have to agree that the documentation is not very good. For instance, there IS NO DOCUMENTATION for the scanner board other than a diagram showing what the connections are. You'd expect there to be something that tells what are valid input XY voltages and how to adjust any of the 6 potentiometers that are on board. There is also a 15V output on the board that has the same connector as the 18V input with nothing to say DONT MIX THEM UP or what the 15V output is even for. In fact, no literature at all came with my set and I had to email the seller to get a link to it online.

The DMX board literature is a little better. But still, it doesn't tell how to use it. There is nothing that tells how to set the dip switches. Nothing that tells what the pots are for. Nothing that tells how to use the mic or what kind to get. Nothing that explains how the DMX control should work or what it actually does.

When I first opened the box and saw the pile of wires with no documentation whatsoever I was allow torqued myself. And actually, I still don't know how to adjust the scanner board pots and still haven't gotten the mic working. Some troubleshooting tips would also be nice.

I don't think I am asking for anything out of the ordinary here. This type of literature is standard with other things.

But again, this is a not a rant against the seller since they have been very helpful when I asked questions. But, I do think this constructive criticism should be taken into consideration.

The mic input is for a small condensor mic, the ones that are commonly available from Maplin, CPC, Farnell, RS etc here in the uk.
    You also need to hook up a pot (potentiometer/veriable resistor) to the socket next to it as this controls the mic level.

The first eight switches on the dmx control are for the dmx address and follow the standard binary format 1-2-4-8-16-32 etc...
    The last 2 are to set it into auto mode (both on the rest off)

The dmx channels are very poorly defined.

CH1 0-50 off, 51-100 auto line, 101-152 auto dot, 153-204 sound line, 205-255 sound dot.
    CH2 0-255 Program select
    CH3 0-127 Circumrotating angle, 128-255 Circumroatating speed
    CH4 0-127 x-axic rolling angle, 128-255 x-axic rolling.
    CH5 0-127 y-axic rolling angle, 128-255 y-axic rolling.
    CH6 0-127 x direction moving, 128-255 y direction moving.
    CH7 0-255 Program drawing.
    CH8 0-255 Scanning speed.

Hope that helps

Jim

good so thats 3 people who think the instructions are useless.

I have it all set up now as my friend helped me and im luving them. I would recommend the scanners to anyone, but just bin the instruction and ask someone who knows how to set it up.

well ive never ever paid inport duty and ive had loads of stuff come from china. the guy at the door said thats £22 and i said what for and he said cost the postage had not been paidv-vhis words not mine.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat