Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Great service from ebay seller Aijii

I dont think the instructions are useless, only poorly translated but that is normal for most things translated from chinese to english.

This is an extract out of one of the manuals for one of my lasers (their grammer/spelling not mine):-

After reading them. Keep them in a propery place for future reference. They will prove useful later when further information is needed or the air conditioner is not working properly.
    Jim

"CH1 0-50 off, 51-100 auto line, 101-152 auto dot, 153-204 sound line, 205-255 sound dot.
    CH2 0-255 Program select
    CH3 0-127 Circumrotating angle, 128-255 Circumroatating speed
    CH4 0-127 x-axic rolling angle, 128-255 x-axic rolling.
    CH5 0-127 y-axic rolling angle, 128-255 y-axic rolling.
    CH6 0-127 x direction moving, 128-255 y direction moving.
    CH7 0-255 Program drawing.
    CH8 0-255 Scanning speed. "

Could you elaborate on CH 7? Does this imply DMX can be used to program your own drawing? Actually, all of the channels could use some elaboration. Where did you get this info, anyway? It wasn't on anything I got. Thanks!

Hi carmangary,

I have taken a closer look at this thread, and the original auction, and I will agree with you that this is a fantastic price!!

Also, andy_con, I had no idea that the seller "Aijii" was really the guy known on this forum as "dave". Like others on this forum, we have had a lot of positive interaction with "dave". I am sorry to hear that your first interaction was not a pleasant one, but we all have our good days and bad days...

Regarding the documentation, I can't speak about it since I haven't seen it. But one thing I will say is that what one person perceives as “crappy documentation” may be entirely adequate to another person. Take the development resources from Microsoft for example. At Pangolin, I have never had a problem with them, and we find them quite useful. But I have heard many fellow programmers talk about how bad the Microsoft documentation is...

With products intended for hobbyists, it could be assumed that there will be limited documentation (especially at that price-point), and that the resourcefulness of the individual buyers will be and important element of success… Certainly the software/hardware package that we will soon introduce to this market segment will have limited documentation and I am counting on the resourcefulness of buyers, as well as the role of forum’s like this one to foster self-help and mutual support by other users.

This situation sounds a bit like a "comedy of errors". The shipping formality being one of them. Sometimes weird things happen when shipping packages and people who aren't supposed to pay anything wind up paying... It's strange, but we deal with this kind of thing quite often at Pangolin.

Best regards,

William Benner

The documentation came with a CIR Super1 that uses the same dmx/avr.
    You can't draw your own graphics with it though. The galvos although rated at 15k are closer to 8k in reality and are only suitable for beamshows.
    If you look at the circles that it draws you will notice that they are not circular and also have tails.
    I dont bother with the dmx side of it, I run them in auto or link them up to my mamba black.

Jim

Hey Andy, good to see ya again. I guess you shelved the other scanner design :P Don't blame ya!

As for DMX, beamshows are definitely nice but I just can't stand the fact on how (relatively) limited it is. It's certainly leaps and bounds over that original projector design we both made, and can do some really cool things, but if you still want to continue after this set, I'd go for a set that can do ILDA.

And hey, look at the bright side about the documentation issue; you probably learned a helluva lot more in the process rather than just reading a piece of paper (that may or may not include the words "air conditioner" :lol: That's quality Jimbo). I understand it's frustrating, but these things aren't supposed to be easy, or every other kid on the block would work with them. Good to hear ya got it set up though, and you got some nice pics there!

Why didn't you post this photo Andy? The one that shows what you paid as VAT not shipping

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

but if you still want to continue after this set, I'd go for a set that can do ILDA.
    They can do 'ILDA', you can link to the xy input on the driver card.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by BoomDog
    Hbut if you still want to continue after this set, I'd go for a set that can do ILDA.
    Exactly as Jimbo said, these scanners will interface to ILDA, either single ended straight out of the box, or balanced via a circuit like this.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/d...20circuits.pdf

These scanners are great value for money. And in the hundreds of sets we have sold, we have had 0.5% failure rate, which is pretty damm good in my mind.

Dave
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Ah I only glanced at them and saw the DMX, particularly after seeing the DMX channels, sorry :P I have nothing against the actual product, I've never seen or used em.